What happens when you tack $80 in cash on corkboards

there was no information there that states the total amount taken. again, pessimistic view is an assumption.

well that’s a pessimistic assumption! :wink:

2 Likes

We all know who cleared board:

2 Likes

These experiments tend to work very well in small communities because of accountability; members feel accountable to each other as well as for each other. That’s why it’s not surprising that the Tragedy of the Commons didn’t manifest here; the Tragedy is predicated on each individual thinking their actions and responsibilities are insignificant compared to those of the rest of the population, and it’s hard to make that rationalization when the population is small and intimately acquainted.

2 Likes

That’s the fun part. Back when I was in uni I ran into the dreaded psych student trap once, but I was able to recognize the experiment so I just kinda tagged along with the girl as she made her exit and suggested that they raise the box a bit higher next time because you could see the swap (it was the thing where you “swap” who a person is talking to mid-conversation.)

1 Like

I remember considering staying at the Red Vic but deciding it was too expensive. The residents are generally several steps up from financial desperation. This sort of trading cache also tends to work well at burning man especially when limited to a single camp. But when truly needy people access it their Maslow needs for food and such outweigh the higher level feel good vibes that rich people unsatisfyingly satisfy with money.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.