What Would Your Superpower Be?

Well telepathy would definitely be out. There are some things you really don’t want to know about the person next to you.

Teleportation would be my choice.
-I hate commuting.
-I hate living in a small overpriced condo, just so I can be closer to work.
-I hate going to airports.
-I like to travel

14 Likes

can you prove the miracle cures? if so: call the pope!

okay okay, you have to be dead. but St. navarro will look great on your tombstone

5 Likes

I already have some dumb superpowers. I have the power to summon AutoCAD and ArcGIS errors no one knew existed, and I can pass a puck over an opposing player’s stick to my teammate at a 99%+ success rate.

Oh, almost forgot my ability to use a map only one time to find a new place, and never needing a map to get there ever again. Seriously. Didn’t go to the Minnesota Zoo for 25 years, never drove there before (rode my bike when I was a kid), but still drove there, from the opposite direction, like I’d been going there once a year for the entire time interval. Hell, before they passed, I got to my grandparents house, a place I’d never driven myself to before, without a map, coming from the east and south, instead of the north or west like we always did when I was a kid.

The superpower I would like today is the power to remotely explode phishing servers. Srsly, two spoofed calls that I didn’t answer in less than two hours. [edt] Just got a 3rd one with the highly improbable number of 0000000000. WTF?

15 Likes

Flying (assuming high speed). It’s close to teleportation, but with the advantage of being able to teleport into the sky without all the falling. Would never need to deal with the TSA again. Could save a ton on gas. Easy access to millions of interesting places. It’s the best bird-watching power - I could readily see penguins, puffins, toucans, macaws, mot-mots, et al in their native habitats. Bird photography would be at new levels. Also no worries about the moral crises some powers bring.

10 Likes

My superpower involves the ability to acquire every bad habit of my exes – it’s a constant struggle to use the powers for good and not evil… (stolen from some old stand-up routine)

9 Likes

Is crabbiness a superpower? On good days my field strength reaches Calvin levels.

11 Likes

It would be nice to never get sick, like Bruce Willis’s character in Unbreakable.

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted to be able to edit thread titles on the BBS.

20 Likes

personally I would prefer a short jump back in time, some kind of Ctrl+Z for life. a few seconds would be long enough to undo many stupid comments I blurted out without thinking.

12 Likes

My fam has taken to modifying the question so as to avoid the standard “I would wish for more wishes”:

Which superpower is better: X or Y?

So…super strength or x-ray vision?

4 Likes

The X-Man Cypher has a terrible power for purposes of comic-book writing, but it’s the power I’d like in real life. To be able to speak, read, and understand any language.

18 Likes

Teleportation for me. I’d love to have nothing to do with cars and planes ever again.

14 Likes

this is oddly specific. what about rings, tattoos, piercings or a phone?

4 Likes

The Phantom Nutpunch. The ability to remotely punch someone in the nards from miles and miles away. No permanent damage, but enough to make them regret a great many things. I can’t punch them repeatedly, like once an hour, and I can’t use it en masse, so border defense or something is useless. But Minutemen who rape five year olds? Pow. See you in an hour.

18 Likes

Can you teleport someplace you’ve never seen?

1 Like

Already have two super powers. I’m a supertaster with a great sense of smell, and I have a high-tenor voice and didn’t understand the concept of whispering until I was 12.

So I’m guessing my superhero name could be Megamouth.

(seriously, I’ve heard recordings of myself in a crowd. My voice pierces the sky. And not in a pleasant way.)

16 Likes

Heh, now I’m imagining a real Sonic the Hedgehog buzzing some rival at mach 3 in the middle of the night just to knock them off their game.

2 Likes

You mean aside from acquiring an innate understanding of the quantum mechanics of the universe?

I’d like the ability to permanently absorb/accumulate the abilities and knowledge of others instantaneously, but without causing them any kind of harm.

14 Likes

Vision. Always gain knowledge. Then persuade other super heroes to do the work for you.

2 Likes

I bet your fist wish is for unlimited wishes…you are the type of person that drove us genies out of business.

4 Likes