Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

6 Likes

Episode 4.

Well that was a bundle of fun. :grimacing:

Though i credit them with following through on Strange’s sheer hubris leading to the end of an entire universe and not bailing out with an easy solution. But the episode had a lot of fridging, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I didn’t even finish it, the ep was so tedious and depressing; Steven Strange never bothered to read the H.G. Wells’ The Time Machine, apparently.

2 Likes

I will say in its defence that it commits to showing where sheer arrogance gets you, something i wish Stark had been forced to face more than he did. No amount of wizardry is going to save you now, Strange.

2 Likes

Even so, the timing is not great; considering the state of the real world right now.

‘The end of an entire universe’ is not a big selling point, when our own reality seems in danger of collapsing in on itself.

2 Likes

Recently watched Concrete Cowboy with Idris Elba and Caleb McLaughlin… it also includes Lorraine Toussaint and Method Man.

It was great. I loved that it had some actual Philly cowboys in it!

Also, watched this last night:

An interesting look at how Blockbuster rose and fell. The best part is probably either the clips with Lloyd Kaufman or the manager of the Blockbuster in Bend, Sandi.

5 Likes

Season 3! In the second episode Kayvan Novak does some hilarious impressions of Mark Proksch, Harvey Guillén and Matt Berry.

1 Like

I started Nine Perfect Strangers on the recco of a friend.

I’m not sure what I think just yet, other than I really dislike that wig on Nicole Kidman.

(Also, Manny Jacinto is looking really good these days…)

2 Likes

Yay, back on the air!

2 Likes

Dude… is it just me or does it seem like What If is focusing more heavily on the worst possible ‘alternate realities?’

I think that if the next episode isnt more upbeat, I may be done with this series.

The last three eps have been a fucking bummer… and who needs that shit in their escapism, especially right now?

4 Likes

"

“Ed—everybody wants to know about Ed!” Nemec said when asked about the character. “People will be … very delighted when they watch the season.”"

So I guess Ed is on it but they still aren’t saying who? I wonder if they are going CGI…

2 Likes

I’ve yet to see it but judging by the title alone that gives one a clue they’ve gone dark again.

1 Like

It’s the zombie ep.

1 Like

Well, having seen it… you’re not wrong on that score. Whereas the first two episodes seemed to promise alternative realities that weren’t just grimdark they now seem to be heading in that direction with the last three which is a shame. I still found it entertaining and snappy but yeah, it might be bit upsetting for the younger MCU fans. Though i did find the teeny tiny Hank Pym zombie to be an inspired touch.

1 Like

Today is a very happy day with the release of Lucifer Season 6. And a very sad day as it is the final season. My weekend will be consumed enjoying this final dumpster fire of delight.

3 Likes
11 Likes

I always wondered if real cops envied his skills. Did he ever mess up a case?

6 Likes

Only his suitcase. And back when he carried a briefcase, that too.

rimshot GIF

8 Likes

Next one looks to veer back towards not so dark (Killmonger as a good guy it appears) I never felt the show would stick to just grimdark. At least this last one had some moments of levity that I enjoyed (and I am not a fan of zombies at all)

3 Likes

I was LIVING to see two of my favorite drag queens guest starring in an ep.

6 Likes