Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I suppose it depends on how much you like anime and its many quirks but i would be tempted to watch the live action first then move on to the anime because you may end up making unfair comparisons like a lot of us have (well not totally unfair).

Although, if you’re only going to go with one option then definitely the anime.

3 Likes
7 Likes

I watched Inside Job on Netflix yesterday- it seemed disposable.

And caught a few episodes of The Watch finally. So far it’s just as bad as everyone said.

Hawkeye was good so far. I’m hoping it gets better as the first two episodes setting things up are done.

3 Likes

I have no idea why they chose this theme for such a risky animated film. They should have tried to make a few short films first, before taking such a big step.

1 Like

I’m a cartoon fool. I really like cartoons made with the stop motion technique. If it’s a cartoon, stop motion and made by the Aardman studio, well, I’m a fan before I even watch it. Even if I didn’t know all this before I watched “Robin Robin” on Netflix, I wouldn’t have complains. It is a very fun Christmas short film!

It is a heartwarming Xmas tale about family, friendship, social roles and birds that cannot fly. The story is very absurd and fun, the character design is very cute and the cartoon also has Gillian Anderson as a very, very mean cat.

I watched the cartoon and when I realized I was singing the rules of the sneak song along with the characters

6 Likes

this may interest you, then:

looks good to me (a fellow animation aficionado)

5 Likes

It seems promising. Netflix is buying/licensing a lot of indie cartoon stuff from Europe, Korea and Japan these days.

4 Likes

This was absolutely charming and doesn’t outstay its welcome, the sneaking song being just delightful. And the animation is incredible, very beautifully realised in felt.

3 Likes

Just watched that with the childer tonight (11 and 13, into anime) and they loved it.

Last night we all watched:

Which we all enjoyed. I felt a tiny bit guilty as it is obviously kind of aimed at dads too, but they were genuinely laughing loudly at some parts.

8 Likes

Cowboy Bebop: Galileo Hustle

So that moment still gets me, well played!
It’s this kind of personal stuff which makes the anime rewarding and surprising so i’m here for it.

1 Like

I just watched a few episodes of Arcane which I didn’t even initially realize is based on a video game series. (So I guess that’s high praise for any video-game based show?) I was excited to see Shohreh Aghdashloo (Secretary Avasarala in The Expanse) doing the voice work for a cool character but unfortunately the character isn’t as big a part of the series as I had hoped.

2 Likes

I am glad you liked it. I had to share this cartoon. It was a great pleasure to watch such a neat and innocent work of animation after the last two years.

I will check out this one soon. Thanks.

There is a sing-along version too:

3 Likes

This is really terrible

copying only the bad things about Lost

4 Likes

This was billed as a comedy, and it wasn’t IMO:

Beyond what the review above captures, I was horrified that so many found this story to be charming and funny, instead of a disturbing tale of desperation, oppression, and dysfunction.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s great and it seems to me there’s a bit more animation.

1 Like

I had a similar response to what struck me as a good Chilean drama about a live-in maid. She rules over the family and chases away other people hired by the family because she’s worried they’re after her job. I read afterward that there’s a comedic tradition in Chilean TV shows around maids, so people there would find these scenes humorous. :flushed: :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Looks good, did you see it in a theater, or ?

3 Likes

It’s on Kanopy. Brace yourself!

4 Likes

Ah good. Free!

2 Likes

I think you would like this one.

5 Likes