Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

all hospital shows are the same

except for

3 Likes

Watching Marvel’s Eternals and noticed they dropped both a Batman reference and a Superman reference. Does it seem strange to anyone else that people in the Marvel universe read DC Comics? Do you suppose people in the DC universe read Marvel comics?

2 Likes

Which reminds me of

A series about a medical school in Northern Ontario. Available to stream on TVO.org, although they don’t seem to have the first season.
TVO Today | Current Affairs Journalism, Documentaries and Podcasts

1 Like

I had the pleasure of seeing him in his very first role in a tiny room (it wasn’t even a proper theatre) and being certain he would be huge.

5 Likes

Or does Batman and Superman exist somehow in this universe? Or will both be incorporated/merged by Disney?

I bet soon they will make a kind of joint venture.

By the way, I liked Eternals. The plot and special effects weren´t very clever/well done, but the diversity of the cast and characters brought a lot of freshness to the movie.

3 Likes

I kind of like how nobody in the Marvel universe is even fazed by superpowers anymore.

“Honey, I have a confession. I’m actually an immortal alien demigod who has been fighting a secret war against human-hunting monsters on earth for the last 7,000 years.”

“Yeah that figures. We’re still on for dinner later though, right?”

5 Likes

You better study hard, boy. Or you will be a super-hero.

I was wondering when this was going to happen! Great news!

8 Likes

“Three Busy Debras” on Adult Swim (streaming on HBO Max) proves once again that women aren’t funny.

They’re fucking hilarious

1 Like

I watched It the other day. It is very beautiful and well done.

2 Likes

I just watched the first episode of Yellowjackets and…I could barely get through it. I just cannot do cannibalism scenes. If anyone else has watched further, can you tell me if scenes depicting cannibalism (either the cooking or the eating) show up frequently throughout? I wouldn’t mind watching more, but I’m not sure if I will have the stomach for it if that is the case.

(Yes, I knew it was coming from the buzz that I had heard, but I was hoping it would be more implied than explicit…)

You know not everyone has seen it, right? How about some spoiler tags?

2 Likes

I liked Peacemaker. It is cartoonish, grotesquely funny, full of profanities but somehow It reminded me, way too much, “Ash vs The Evil Dead”.

3 Likes

respectfully, may I say that is less a spoiler and more of a much appreciated trigger warning that I will heed and steer clear. I haven’t the stomache for it either and am happy to not have stumbled onto it unaware.
YMMV

4 Likes

I thought that everyone had heard about the cannibalism (there was a lot of buzz). In any case, it’s like 20 minutes into the first episode, so I don’t think it’s really so much of a spoiler.

3 Likes

Animated GIF

3 Likes
3 Likes

I think It is what people call slice of life. I felt a lot of sympathy for the characters.

2 Likes

Just watched Eternals. Felt like a chore to watch it. Seemed like a lot of scenes were chopped out as it lacked continuity in many places. Pass.

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks.

4 Likes