Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I’ve been watching season 3 of For all Mankind—I’m enjoying it so far, however this season feels a lot more like science fiction to me than the alternate history of the previous seasons. Also, my head cannon totally views this show as a Star Trek prequel.

1 Like

Wait…Straight to Hell is not a documentary?
Straight_to_hell

(Also fun fact, Joe Strummer was the composer on Gross Pointe Blank)

2 Likes

That is a great movie with a fantastic soundtrack.

I also really like the spiritual sequel, War, Inc., John Cusack may or may not be one of my celebrity crushes.

4 Likes
2 Likes

He is at least one or two of mine

3 Likes

Wasn’t that always going to be the case with this concept? Especially as it gets closer to current time and surpasses it? I do like how while certain technologies are appearing earlier and earlier in FOM others are still sticking around and are historically correct. LIke we have EV cars and space tourism in 1992 but people are using Apple Newton devices

1 Like

Yeah, and I’m not complaining at all. It’s just that the first season felt like an alt history of the movie The Right Stuff to me and the second season a close continuation of that. While the third season introduces things we are not even close to like a mars colony or a space hotel. I am looking forward to seeing where they go with the show.

1 Like

My biggest unbelievable thing is that the republican party lets a secret lesbian be the presidential candidate. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

1 Like

I am expecting something to happen with that this season, as that storyline hasn’t really had any sort of closure yet.

1 Like

I’m just glad Giovanni Ribisi won out over Chad Allen later in real life…

3 Likes

The kid turned out OK.

2 Likes

Just finished binging all of Outlander.

I enjoyed it a lot but holy crap that show is rapey. It seems like big ticket shows all have to have a shock element to them, like the incest in Game Of Thrones, the creative violence of Breaking Bad, or the gore in Walking Dead. But goddamn there’s a lot of rape in Outlander. Every kind, too- straight, gay, kids, adults, every combination. Ugh. At one point there was two rapes in the same episode, FFS. As much as I loved the show, as a survivor it was hard to watch.

Am I crazy? What is the deal? I googled it a bit and the producers have responded to that criticism with, “well the books have a lot of rape in them”. Great, thanks.

Today I realized Eugene Debs looked just like Mandy Patinkin

2 Likes

Strange New Worlds episode 7.

Undead Teddy Ruxpin or Zombie Ewok?

2 Likes

Dammit. I am too dumb to understand this.

Before I clicked on it I assumed it was T’Pring or Nurse Chapel under that spoiler blur. I have no idea what you are talking about.

I do have to say though that I am thoroughly enjoying the adventures of Space Zaddy. I really liked Discovery, but something about this is just pushing all my buttons. For one, it is unapologetically horny. Like, it makes Kirk and Riker seems like monks. I love the whole talking about Spock’s mixed heritage as a metaphor for being non-binary with his strength coming from not being one or the other - that is fucking powerful, especially delivered by Jesse James Keitel. This show fucking rocks and it don’t stop.

I love the way that they are managing to do fan service while at that same time deepening the relationships between T’Pring, Spock, and Chapel. T’Pring is no longer just a woman that decided there was a hotter guy around - it is becoming clear that she and Spock love each other, and that he has, slowly, bit, by bit, measure by measure, betrayed her for Chapel without even seeing that he was doing it and damn this is real.

Obviously, if the question being originally asked was the one that I thought it was I would say Nurse Chapel. Though really can any of us say that we don’t want Dr. Aspen?

But, can you tell me WTF the original question was? I really don’t get it

1 Like

He’s kind of like that kid from the old Twilight Zone episode who had godlike powers to shape reality and was thus impossible to discipline in such a way that he might grow up to be anything but an entitled psychopath.

6 Likes

Bill Mumy with LASER EYES! I can deal with that

(and by deal I mean cower in fear)

4 Likes

History Half Told Is Untold is on my list for today (trailer is on vimeo and YouTube):

2 Likes

And she used to sit on Clint Eastwood’s lap and call him daddy during filming.

4 Likes

I too am failing to grok his joke. Unless they are referring to episode six with the previous first servant to which I say…thats not funny.

Unless they are talking about the Orion Pirate named Remy which doesn’t really make sense to me.

2 Likes