Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

It dropped here at like 3 am, and my BFF decided to watch it then. She did not go to bed until nearly 7am! She was a little tired when I saw her today!

3 Likes

Just watched The Boys. I was not expecting that development at the end.

Also - Noir has some nice friends.

5 Likes

Same here, especially after Homelander’s chat with Maeve about her future. It makes me wonder if another episode will focus on how Vought’s plans have changed over the years.

5 Likes

And who his mother was. Stormfront?

4 Likes

:exploding_head:
Awkward Lucille Ball GIF
Too bad Vought can’t keep a group of therapists on staff…or speed dial.

5 Likes

Whereas I wasn’t quite so surprised at The Deep’s choice of extra-marital partner.

Entirely grossed out, but not surprised.

4 Likes

No spoilers, but

:flushed:

5 Likes

Nor was I; that definitely was not in the graphic novels.

4 Likes

Dude’s dick must be covered in hard scales or something; octopi mouths are basically sharp-ass beaks.

5 Likes

That was also my understanding of them.

Reaction Surprised GIF

5 Likes

(Hee hee hee!)

9 Likes

Don’t forget there is a radula too, used to rasp flesh from prey once it has cracked them open! Super hot, I guess? …I don’t find it hot, but hey.

4ad494cad83dc8be703e04589cd4970a
From here.

4 Likes

I knew there was some other sharp shit in there, that I couldn’t quite recall off the top of my head.

Still, long story short:

3 Likes

I hope some streaming service picks this one up.

4 Likes

So, watched a movie called The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (yeah… don’t ask why they didn’t just call it The Haunting in Georgia)… it’s one of those that is based on a true story kind of thing. The family moves out to a big old lot of land, start to see ghosts, etc… Now, the true part is that the little girl claims to have seen a couple of ghosts in their new house. But for some bizarre reason, the script writers made the decision to tack on a whole back story about the property having been used as part of the Underground Railroad, but the guy who ran it was also some fucked up serial killer type who would sometimes trap people until they starved and then turn them into taxidermy. Of course the family is a white family… Why they needed to add this I’ll never know… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I can think of several reasons, but none that show the creators of this film in a positive light.

4 Likes

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

6 Likes

The Boys hasn’t exactly been subtle with the “Homelander as Trump/MAGA” references this season, but it just clicked with me this morning that his final scene in the episode was probably inspired by Trump’s infamous declaration that he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone without losing any supporters.

6 Likes

That final scene reminded me of The Omen. :grimacing:

7 Likes

Saw the latest Thor movie at a work event yesterday. I thought it was pretty similar in tone and quality to Thor: Ragnarok. A lot of silliness, cameos, and references shoved in there, mostly in a good way. I’m sure I missed a lot of it on the first viewing.

Not really spoilers in terms of the main story, but here were a couple of the ones that amused me:

The god of Korg’s people is briefly seen, and he’s sitting on a throne like the one in Game of Thrones except that it’s made out of scissors. Because rock beats scissors, I assume.

That spaceship that Thor emerges from at the end is definitely an homage to the Eagle 5 from Spaceballs.

Zeus is played by Russell Crowe, dressed in an outfit not too unlike his Gladiator costume but played with a lot more humor.

2 Likes