Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Just watched the first episode. My concern was if they could actually turn something that really excelled as a short into a full half hour. It was a pleasant surprise.

Eyes Staring GIF

1 Like

Oh man, that mortality episode…

Episode 8 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

2 Likes

Good bloody call.

Attack the Bond!

2 Likes

Just a public service announcement that Resident Alien has new episodes on Peacock. I did not notice for three weeks…

2 Likes

I’m always so confused about who is a god and who isn’t in the MCU. That Thor: Love and Thunder movie sure seemed to imply that not all Asgardians are considered gods. And when they die they go to Valhalla, same place as regular Norse warriors? Guess it’s not worth the effort to dwell on such things.

Gross alert: Walrus sunbathing spot. If the kids like things like poop jokes, I leave it to you to see it for yourself in the second episode.

dean winchester GIF

5 Likes

The scholars are so painstakingly polite! I felt bad for the woman who had to tell her that actually, Aristotle did not say to dance like no one’s watching.

4 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

“Philosophize like no one’s writing it down.”
—Plato, plausibly

5 Likes

I have not gotten around to watching this yet…

4 Likes

This part only…

rosy of cheek, slathered in muck, wearing twigs in their hair

It’s camo, ya dummy!

3 Likes

Gotta leave this here:

1 Like

Gah! It’s the end of an era… :cry:

9 Likes

Oooh, Dylan Moran is back with a new series! I know nothing about it, but if it’s Dylan, I’m already in.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Damn, I actually thought I was watching a real advertisement there at the beginning. I didn’t know Bogosian is in it.

Martin Freeman Facepalm GIF

2 Likes

Yesterday I watched Calamari Union (1985) by Aki Kaurismäki now I am watching Calamari Union (Remake) (2008) by Richard Lefebvre.

Familer still so alien.

All remakes need a scene where they watch the original version. BTW Pekka’s dialogue is dubbed from the original movie.

4 Likes

This Old House Salutes Master Carpenter Norm Abram

https://www.wgbh.org/foundation/highlights/this-old-house-salutes-master-carpenter-norm-abram

As he turns 73 on October 3, Abram will be sent off in style with a one-hour tribute special The House that Norm Built , which will air on GBH 2 and across the nation on PBS on Monday, Oct. 3 at 9pm. The special will highlight his 43-year career with classic moments, archived footage, interviews and memories from celebrities, friends, peers and those who worked alongside him.

“When I saw a rough cut of it, I got kind of emotional,” he said. “I’m happy and I love it that people love what I did.”

6 Likes

Captain America Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a rom-com, but what fantastic animation and art!

5 Likes