Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Where did you find Cadfael? Please tell me I can stream it…

NVM, I found it.

2 Likes

Oh no, we’ve got to go to the OG:

3 Likes

Britbox has pretty much everything, although the subtitling, at least on Amazon, is appallingly bad.

1 Like

Spoiler: It is good.

7 Likes

I decided to check out “You” last night. I had extremely low expectations given it was originally on Lifetime, but it’s actually really really good - I binged 3 eps and stayed up past my bedtime.

I’m going to wait until the season ends and binge it since I’m so far behind. I’m glad it’s not Season 2: Electric Boogaloo

1 Like

I really hate the autoplay on netflix as well as the auto-trailer…

3 Likes

Regarding Russian Doll:

7 Likes

Better than the auto-ads on Amazon Prime. Can’t remember if they’ve started up on the Roku app, but I’m the Android app they play the instant you start the app and in between every episode you watch.

2 Likes

Agreed there. So far no ads that aren’t for what’s on netflix… I don’t have amazon prime and haven’t used a Roku in a while…

1 Like

Russian Doll was amazingly good; I just finished watching the first season.

11 Likes

Me too… a great way to wrap things up and leave it open for another season.

4 Likes

I’d be happy if the next season featured a different set of protagonists; Nadia’s story (and Alan’s) needs no further exploration.

3 Likes

That would be an interesting direction to go in… I’m going to predict that they do continue with Nadia and Alan, by focusing on the two different timelines and each getting the other back to where they ended up… I like your idea though! @Melizmatic for show runner!

2 Likes

I saw this somewhere else but: Netflix needs a “Never Mind” option. When you watched one episode of something or 20 minutes of a movie and didn’t like it, but now Netflix forever recommends shit based on the fact you “watched” it.

I watched half of the first episode of “Fallet” and I about died of cringe so I gave up. But Netflix keeps telling me I should watch other stuff just like it! I want it off my list of things I “watched” now please!

8 Likes

Umbrella Academy was quite good.

Finished it, and am hungry for season 2. Loved the characters!

3 Likes

1 Like

Side effect of binging Russian Doll; I woke up this morning with that Harry Nilsson song stuck in my head:

9 Likes

In general, that show had a great soundtrack!

6 Likes

And speaking of Netflix, they’ve got a 25-minute short documentary called “Period. End of sentence.” about a project to make inexpensive but good quality menstruation pads for women in rural India. No, really: worth watching.

6 Likes