Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Yeah, then there’s that…

4 Likes

A slight but charming film if you can overlook the fact that someone with obvious mental health issues may be getting exploited.

4 Likes
8 Likes

So, loudly announcing what you’ve got and where it is before it’s ready to use would be a bad thing? :thinking: C’mon, next you’ll say that not telling anyone what you figured out and where you’re going before an unarmed confrontation with a killer (to brag that you know how they got away with murder) is a really dumb thing to do.

3 Likes

Well - Stormfront did say to Homelander when they were talking about making thousands of more supes & he asked “what if they get out of control”: “don’t worry - Frederick thought of everything”.

Maybe a weapon - maybe a way to de-power someone?

3 Likes

From your lips to the writers’ ears. That lockup & Lamplighter management plan was clearly flawed.

4 Likes

Perfect place for Stormfront now.

4 Likes

Or Stumpfront, as she’s officially now known…

4 Likes

Kripke is brutal.

2 Likes

He is the one that coined it.

2 Likes

I thought the potential exploitation was deliberate to the plot, and an important element.

1 Like

The film has been stuck in my thoughts since i watched it and after i typed that it did dawn on me that most of what he claimed was actually true. Maybe i’m over thinking it but i’m trying to be more aware of issues like this cropping up in films and such and while initially i thought they were exploiting him in order to just sell copy i guess it became more about two outsiders finding each other and it was very charming for that.

1 Like

That is the sort of thing (exploitation) that you notice a lot once you are sensitized to it. I saw this one not too long after it came out, and I’m surprised at how often I think of it for such a slight film.

1 Like

I’d forgotten what a fantastic two parter this is, the major thing letting it down being that it’s your typical Trek reset but you can only imagine if they’d committed to this going forward - getting the crew back together, gaining allies, fixing up the ship etc. Maybe it’s the times we’re living in but the moment Janeway and Tuvok say goodbye to each other left me teary eyed. Never was much of a Voyager fan though, so many missed opportunities but there were definite highlights like this.

5 Likes

If you liked that episode, I recommend “Deadlock,” “Demon,” and “Course: Oblivion” - in that order. They build on those themes you mention and have very interesting scenarios.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! Much funz so far.

1 Like

Voyager had some shining moments for sure… I think my problem with the show is that they regularly tried to cram too much into many episodes, so you never got a cool down at the end of the episode… They even did that with the end of the series, when Voyager gets back into the Alpha quadrant… it just sort of ended.

But it’s very much worth watching, as the cast is excellent and there are some great stories there.

3 Likes

American Gods Season 3 trailer has dropped. Early 2021.

2 Likes

I’m still mad they fired Orlando Jones…

tumblr_opl8liHMRe1wo86h9o1_500

Looks like a dead Mad Sweeney is still somehow around, tho… I’ll be interested in how that plays out.

american-gods-mad-sweeney-stereotypes

4 Likes

More info

“ Neil Gaiman has since clarified that the cast members not returning for season three have not been “fired”, and that there are plans to bring them back in a prospective fourth season.

He told Digital Spy: “I think there was a lot of confusion and I think it probably could have been handled much better, and that’s including communicating with the cast over what was happening in this season, and what’s going to be happening in season four.”

“ The trailer shown at New York Comic-Con (more on that below) has also offered our first glimpse at two other new additions: Game of Thrones star Iwan Rheon as leprechaun Leon Doyle and Machete actor Danny Trejo as a new incarnation of Mr World.”

Quite a bit more. Blythe Danner, Marilyn Manson & Danny Trejo joining the cast.

3 Likes