Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

or Farscape, the other escaping-prisoners-steal-a-prison-ship show

1 Like

It’s the one where you realise that every single member of House Targaryen has looked identical for centuries, and that the whole clan is probably horribly inbred, and that there’s a good chance that the reason why Daenerys turned into Dragon Hitler at the end of Game of Thrones was because she suffered from a severe genetic deficiency. It’s the one where you think “Ooh, who is that sexy young lady?” and then realise that it’s actually Matt Smith.

Arya Stark Laughing GIF by Game of Thrones

7 Likes

Your post of the disco dog in wig on another thread made me again remorseful that there won’t be another season of GLOW. :frowning:
In other news, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel will soon have another season, and has a somewhat similar flair (though not quite as awesome, IMO).

4 Likes

Yeah I think they both have a warm hearted centre which I love. We shouldn’t have enjoyed GLOW so much but we loved it. Maisel is a fantasy like Hamilton in a way. A world imagining how it could have been.

3 Likes

I’m both looking forward to seeing how the Lenny Bruce arc plays out, and dreading it, since we know how his story ends. :cry:

6 Likes

I KNOW… I really liked that show.

season 2 trailer GIF by GLOW Netflix

I would kind of love it if they Netflix got the original show to stream. I loved watching it as a kid. So campy!

3 Likes

I appreciated how the last season ended, though: with her facing the cold hard truth that outing a black man at that time in history just to get laughs was incredibly stupid and dangerous. This is the first time she has had to really face the fact that other people have very different realities and as such are harmed by her actions, no matter how sweet and wonderful she (or we) think(s) herself to be.

4 Likes

Suspicious GIF by SVU

Happy Andy Samberg GIF

4 Likes

@milliefink SNL did a great send up of Mare of Eastown called Murder Durder

4 Likes

I was surprised how it was not a terrible SNL episode.

3 Likes

Ego Nwodim was killing it as Disney Mom.

3 Likes

She was (and always is) fantastic. Her mom was great at the beginning.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m off to the A/V Club for the details and clips…

6 Likes

Could have been worse, honestly. There were some good bits. He basically flogged his dogecoin far too much. Also, Grimes showed up as Princess Peach…

5 Likes

Anything with Tamsin Grieg is worth a watch in my book (or a listen).

3 Likes

Ugh. What’s it called,“The Internet”? It isn’t like I have to look at stuff through the little cracks between my fingers to make sure I am not seeing people get killed as it is. Wtf is wrong with people? Aren’t the umpteen million “someone gets killed in this video” videos enough?

1 Like

Since IVF is a thing, two women and thousands of fertilised eggs related neither to them nor the eggs to each other. The initial all-female society would have time to work out how to integrate men and not have them be dicks. Could work.

5 Likes

OMG, Philly Forty! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

3 Likes

Cued up for when it comes out in 5 days on Amazon Prime:

8 Likes