Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

FOLLOWUP:

Part of my response from yesterday: (emphasis mine)

[quote=“Cowicide, post:305, topic:59394”]… Frankly, I think the media is headed for a lot of embarrassment as time goes on. The NYT has been spelling doom and gloom for Bernie Sanders from the very beginning and being proven increasingly wrong as time, massive crowds and support builds for Sanders despite their incessant naysaying.

Also, the NYT isn’t taking into account the much more pervasive presence of online social media. There’s many blacks that show support for Sanders on Facebook and Twitter that’s going to catch the establishment off-guard.
[/quote]

Now today…

Cue yet another massive rally for Bernie Sanders with nearly 30,000 people in a packed stadium except now it’s got a diverse crowd mixed with people of color (see below).

Now, some have been questioning my premise that Sanders has a lot of black supporters and other POC. The reason I know he has them is due to the fact that I’ve been activitely researching the matter by looking at his social media support using time-tested methodologies.

Why would I be using my own research?

That’s due to the fact that the corporate media is very much relying on half-assed polling figures while behaving actively hostile and biased against the Sanders campaign. The corporate media’s actions have destroyed a lot of their legitimacy on the matter.

So, do some think my methodologies are wrong, perhaps? Well… something just happened that proves me right:

A more diverse crowd of about 30,000 people just showed up to his latest rally:

Quote: (emphasis mine)

" … The crowd was noticeably more diverse than those at recent Sanders rallies in Portland, Seattle and other majority white cities — Los Angeles is majority-minority, with about 44 percent of its population Latino.

Those who came to “Feel the Bern” — a popular chant among Sanders supporters — were white, Latino, black and Asian. There were young hipsters and graying hippies. Some wore black T-shirts with red hammers and sickles, others wore black T-shirts that read, “Black Lives Matter.” They sang along as the loudspeakers blasted songs by Willie Nelson, Tracy Chapman and Neil Young. … "

I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again. Bernie Sanders has vastly more support from blacks and other POC than the corporate media has any clue of. And, frankly, even if they did perform proper research and knew what I knew, they’d likely shelve the information.

We shouldn’t fall for the corporate media hype against Bernie Sanders.

And, take a long, hard look at that picture of just his latest stadium-packed crowd. Isn’t it fair to say that the corporate media has been proven resoundingly wrong that he’s been a “fringe candidate”?

Why should we trust a repeatedly, provably wrong and discounted corporate media for our information on whether or not Bernie Sanders has a large following and can win or not?

4 Likes