Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

Except his campaign was full of crap and was backed by a complicit corporate media in many regards. There are many factors that support Sanders’ rise in that poll that are being ignored/withheld/shelved by a hostile corporate media that Romney’s campaign did not face.

We’ll see. Just for fun, I’m predicting Bernie Sanders will match or surpass Hillary Clinton by around September 27th within that same poll. That is, unless the poll is mysteriously disengaged and shelved by then…

On top of his current progression (and her decline) in that poll, I’m basing this estimate mostly upon evidence that he has far more supporters than the corporate media is currently monitoring (and/or disclosing) due to flaws in various methodologies that don’t properly take into account various vital factors related to Sanders’ campaign and related grassroots movements that surround and support him.

For example, upward trends in social media logistics that are resultant via various high impact campaign maneuvers that are very influential, yet are not adequately reported by the corporate media. These vital factors often remain hidden (or perhaps shelved) by a hostile corporate media in an attempt to quell support and/or keep some support demoralized. Despite the media attempts to ignore or shelve these factors, they play an important roll in garnering support.

Beyond that, I think some of the resistance to accepting that the trends could roughly continue in a similar manner for another month or so is more mental than anything else.

Recent Bernie-mentum has some Clinton supporters freaking out. Sanders’ fast rise this past month is now even giving some of his own supporters cognitive dissonance in various ways.

Sanders’ quick rise goes against concerted corporate media conditioning, skewed polls* and widely propagated, establishment groupthink that attempts to drill into every American’s skull that Sanders can’t win. I think that situation makes Sanders’ current leap towards Clinton difficult for many people to mentally grasp and digest. I think it’s similar to a culture shock situation. This wasn’t “supposed to happen” and it certainly wasn’t supposed to happen this quickly if it ever did happen.

* For example, cell phone & land line demographics are often skewed against Sanders supporters.

I created that chart below that shows that IF (<—do note the “IF”) the trends continue within a mainstream, national poll… Bernie Sanders can beat Hillary Clinton within that same poll in little more than the progression of a month’s time:

The chart simply shows that if Sanders’ remarkable surge continues at a similar rate while Clinton continues her decline at a similar rate, Sanders can overtake her in a very short amount of time. Nowhere does it say it’s for certain and there’s now even that ‘disclaimer’ that says that Sanders’ supporters need to increase support and go into ‘overdrive’ to make that trend continue.

The reaction on Reddit has been very telling with people desperately trying to distract from the obvious point of the simplified chart. Some are even being purposefully obtuse and stating that the chart is attempting to predict long-term trends (which it obviously isn’t) and/or stating the that the chart makes outright claims that trends don’t change and/or only move in a linear fashion (which the chart obviously does not claim).

The point of the chart is that despite all the near-constant corporate media naysaying, our massive grassroots effort for Bernie Sanders is obviously working and those that claimed that Sanders would be “dead in the water” by now and/or was a “flash in the pan” are now proven to be wrong. The corporate media, pundits and other rampant naysayers have lost credibility and it’s time that we call them out on this lack of credibility when it comes to predicting Sanders’ doom.

The rapid climb in the poll is remarkable due to the fact that it shows that perhaps IF Sanders supporters shun the defeatist naysaying while maintaining and increasing support, we just might be able to do what most political pundits have said (and continue to say) is literally impossible.

I think my chart is a shock to some with a conditioned mentality. Many Americans are now mentally conditioned by the repeated corporate media mantras to believe that Hillary Clinton doesn’t have a valid challenge from Bernie Sanders and never will.

Even some of Bernie Sanders’ supporters are now very conditioned to expect the countless predictions that show that Sanders has “no hope” of winning and is a so-called “long shot” without a prayer. The truth of the matter is my chart shows that it’s no pipe dream to think that Sanders can overtake Clinton and, as a matter of fact, at her current rate of decline and his current rate of ascension we can overtake her in a short amount of time in a major, mainstream poll.

Obviously, if Clinton’s downward spiral suddenly stops and levels out this month, it will take longer unless Sanders’ support upticks rapidly at the same time. That’s why I make it clear within the chart that Sanders’ supporters really need to increase pressure on Clinton and increase their efforts for supporting Sanders into “overdrive”.

I think the near non-stop mental conditioning has in many ways weakened Americans and they’re going to have cognitive dissonance as Sanders continues to rise in the polls. As Sanders’ continues to climb, I’m going to keep creating these charts to document it and also show where we CAN rise next if we just, fucking TRY.

2 Likes