Woman buys 30 lottery tickets with the same numbers after seeing them "a couple of times during the day" and wins $150,000

I’d take 1$ a day for the rest of my life if it meant that I lived to be 300 years old.

5 Likes

I am glad that I understood this when I had no money. I still don’t buy lottery tickets now, even though I can afford to and understand that technically buying one lottery ticket (just one, the improvement of odds is tiny if you buy a second) is more economically rational then not buying one. I don’t want it to become a habit.

3 Likes

To agree with @hanni5, I know that the odds are astronomical, but I think there is value in having something to look forward to. Spending $1 a day on hope for a better future is less than what a lot of religious people spend on tithing to their church, for essentially the same purpose. With the lottery you at least know it’s possible to get a huge pie-in-the-sky jackpot, whereas I’ve never actually seen anyone get into heaven.

That said, people who buy 50 scratch tickets at a time have a problem.

1 Like

If you are lucky enough to make a good living and you spend your money sensibly most of the time then you are allowed to fritter it away when given a free pile of money. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, it’s just the two of us, no kids, we’ve been working for a long time and we live pretty simply for the most part. Same house we bought 17 years ago.
I’ve been informed, however that my plan might be slightly different as to not include an 80K dollar car… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha, ha! Maybe you can still rent one.

1 Like

Several rental companies offer exotic car rental that isn’t even all that bad. I mean, yeah, it’s a hell of a lot compared to a Toyota Camry, but it’s a lot cheaper than buying one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.