World's surliest grilled cheese cart

I think it’s because the croque-fromage it’s an USA sandwich. In France they have the croque-monsieur and it’s variants.
And yes, if you buy the ingredients and makey your own grilled sandwich it comes better tha the ones you finds in bars.

1 Like

Your bread is way too nice, and not being bought in bulk, at that sorta price.
Cheese, eh, can’t really comment.
Butter? Pfff. Margarine, all the way.
I shake my head at you and your highfalutin’ 46c sandwich.

9 Likes

Fresh tomatoes raw on pizza, placed after it’s cooked, is a different matter. You could also do some raw tomato, arugula, and prosciutto, if you’re so inclined.

But heat up that raw tomato slice in the oven or in a grilled cheese and it just turns into a wet slice of yuck.

6 Likes

I used to live next to a classic fried baloney lunch counter. Their motto was “We always put mustard on it.” And they did. They still mixed their own soda at the soda counter. Moe Willensky’s was like hanging out in 1962.

9 Likes

At some point you must have realized that you were not, in fact, eating grilled cheese sandwiches but instead ham, pepperoni and mushroom sandwiches with cheese, right?

5 Likes

Did you not read the sign?!? Do you want to get your head grilled, man?

14 Likes

As a hungry college freshman eating cheap cheese-bacon-and-mushroom sandwiches that’d been grilled on a greasy flattop, I wasn’t really thinking of the finer definition of “grilled cheese with meat” vs “meat with cheese” sandwiches, but sure!

7 Likes

So, not a philosophy major.

15 Likes

I am 100% into this food truck. Granted i never have cash on me, and i do enjoy fancier grilled cheese sammiches but there’s nothing wrong with a simple grilled cheese. I would be happy to give him 5 bucks and chow down.

6 Likes

…you give me $5 youre getting 5

That’s wonderful. I’m in awe of the unusual lack of bullshit here. Please move to Yorkshire.

6 Likes

Noooooooo :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m not asking for tomato soda. Not because of the head grillin’. I just don’t want it!

In all seriousness, selling sodas could mean the difference between success and failure. It would probably be funny as hell to NOT sell soda, but set up an independent cart 5 feet away that sells soda in a super friendly way by the honor system.

8 Likes

Bit of a tangent; I made pico de gallo the other day and it was very liquidy. I drained it a bit and set aside the “salsa water” and drank it. It was pretty good!

3 Likes

$20,000, cash only. If you only have a $100,000 bill, you get five franchises and its on you to figure out what to do with the extras.

11 Likes

Yeah, I do the same. Other times I just pour in the crumbles from the bottom of the chip bag to make something solid enough to pick up with other chips. But if you’re interested in commercializing the drink, these guys might be interested:
https://rocketfizz.com/media/sodas/lesters-fixins-sodas/

4 Likes

Poor guy will probably be crushed by competition from Apple and their $999 grilled cheese.

14 Likes

Oh heck no. I actually took one (1) philosophy course in college. Day one, the professor walked in, put a wooden chair on a table, and said “There is no chair here! Everyone has thirty minutes to write an essay proving me wrong. Go!” I walked out & dropped the class.

9 Likes

I get the big “anti” vibe going on here. But really, isn’t this getting a bit old? The soup nazi (and imitators) was big in the 90’s for christ’s sake. The true cynics are now anti-anti. I’d rather eat at a food truck who’s shtick is being super nice rather than super mean.

4 Likes

Amen, brother! I feel the same way about most mac & cheese. You pay $5+ for them to make and serve you Kraft. Won’t let my son order it. Even he has figured that one out now.

2 Likes

But why? That sounds like fun!

7 Likes