You can backspace on the iPhone calculator

Of course there’s other calculator apps, but Calculator.app is the built-in one that you can get to from launchpad so there’s various advantages to using it. Personally, I wish it would die in a fire.

Speaking of Calculator.app I wish Apple would fix the fucking bug where it makes button press noises even when you have key clicks turned off. I’ve filed this bug repeatedly over various betas but they seem to have no interest in fixing it.

1 Like

What the heck?!

I was all set to say “What? Mine doesn’t do that…”

I never ever noticed that before.

hysterical laughter meme

7 Likes

Is it an app produced by Apple? I just searched “calculator” in my iPad app store and the first results is something from “Studio Zebra”, next is “Apalon Apps” etc. etc. I don’t see any from Apple. How do I find the same app built in on the iPhone? (I tried the “IPhone Only” filter, but I still don’t see anything official.)

1 Like

Weird. I’m staring right at it. If it’s not the Apple Calculator app, it’s a damn fine knockoff.

Yeah, it is Apple native, but it’s never been available on iPad. There are a ton of options, none of which I like as much as the stock app; really annoying.

My husband had that one or a very similar one.

It’s not that people don’t think that lighting-port headphones don’t work, it’s more that people are bothered by the fact that Apple made an already frustratingly proprietary device more proprietary and made it less useful in the process. It’s only a matter of time before the lighting port and physical buttons go away, and all that we’re left with is a device that can only be interfaced with or charged wirelessly. Arguments will be made that it’s worth it, but I was using smartphones since before the iPhone and I’ve only had one of them die from getting wet, but I’ve used the headphone jack on every phone that’s had a media player virtually every day.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.