You can call me AI

[Amazon Freevee adds terrifying AI-generated men to 12 Angry Men poster (engadget.com)]

6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

The very definition of any “AI” site claiming to provide news is that at best, it’s an engine that scrapes from sites with actual journalists, and at worst, scrapes from sites that don’t.

8 Likes

This has got to be the most frustrating, dispiriting story I’ve read on the usage of A.I. in at least the last few months:

Teachers interviewed for this story were straight-up and shamelessly admitting that they aren’t even reading the feedback that the A.I. is giving to their students. Some of them seem perfectly content to hand over their whole jobs to the software in the name of productivity.

When even experienced teachers like this one don’t think that even looking at the feedback that their students are getting is worth their time, I don’t know what to say. Feels like a huge chunk of society is perfectly happy to just pack it all in and let the machines do everything from this point forward.

10 Likes
1 Like

this is insane; with this attitude she really shouldnt be called a teacher anymore.

2 Likes

kutcher; “Action scenes of me jumping off of this building, you don’t have to have a stunt person go do it, you could just go do it (with A.I.).”

no, actually, you could not. generative “ai” is not enhanced cgi, idiot. quite the opposite.
the cluelessness of certain people in the film industry about the limits of “ai” is getting exhausting.

3 Likes

Why grade anyone or anything? Just average it out. It’ll be grand.

They’re right. No point reading the feedback either.

Actually I mean that because you should never be required to read anything that nobody could have been bothered to write. Yes, I do rudely interrupt any event when someone says “I asked chat GPT and it said…”

5 Likes

4 Likes

… “AI” is the new word for “computer” :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I’d kind of like that meaning better than LLMs, actually. I think most people understood that Excel is more than a couple years from surpassing human intelligence.

2 Likes

… depends how low human intelligence drops

3 Likes
4 Likes

Oh hey, I saw a documentary about this recently.

1 Like

I clicked through on this article posted in Metawatch and wanted to share an excerpt here,

6 Likes
6 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes