You can call me AI

2 Likes
4 Likes

Last month, reports emerged indicating that OpenAI is running on fumes and could be on the brink of bankruptcy within 12 months, with projections of $5 billion in losses. Despite the discounted access to Microsoft’s Azure services and approximately $3.5 billion generated in revenue, the ChatGPT maker might need another round of funding to remain afloat.

And somehow its market valuation going to be over $100 billion, with a product that doesn’t work as claimed, can’t work as claimed, and a vast sucking sound as the cash is blown away to operate it.

It was CERN, wasn’t it? All the natural laws of the local universe are gang aft a-gley with sprinkles.

5 Likes

… well it was supposed to be a nonprofit :thinking:

6 Likes

And I bet all the venture capitalists who set it up had a really good laugh about that.

4 Likes

from

9 Likes

I thought that sounded familiar! :wink:

5 Likes

Season 3 Wtf GIF by The Simpsons

Great minds and all that!

5 Likes

It’s a quote so nice it deserves posting twice!

7 Likes
4 Likes

Automate the cars, they said! It’ll be awesome, they said! It’ll be SAFER, they said!!!

8 Likes

Alex Jones fails the Turing test.

2 Likes

By Ted Chiang

Art is notoriously hard to define, and so are the differences between good art and bad art. But let me offer a generalization: art is something that results from making a lot of choices. This might be easiest to explain if we use fiction writing as an example. When you are writing fiction, you are—consciously or unconsciously—making a choice about almost every word you type; to oversimplify, we can imagine that a ten-thousand-word short story requires something on the order of ten thousand choices. When you give a generative-A.I. program a prompt, you are making very few choices; if you supply a hundred-word prompt, you have made on the order of a hundred choices.

5 Likes
7 Likes

WTF? Condemning ChatGPT and such is CLASSIST AND ABLIST! Really? WTAF?

5 Likes

Now, according to Politico’s Daniel Lippman, the two are “covertly” operating a Washington, D.C startup called LobbyMatic — which has been “pitched as a service to integrate AI into lobbying.”

“In his role as a founder and CEO of the new firm,” Lippman explains in an article published on Labor Day 2024, “Wohl uses the name ‘Jay Klein,’ according to the former employees and e-mails obtained by Politico. Burkman uses the pseudonym ‘Bill Sanders,’ the former employees said. LobbyMatic, whose website does not list any company leadership, temporarily signed up at least three brand-name clients: Toyota, consulting firm Boundary Stone Partners and drug company Lantheus, according to two of the former employees.”

Lippman continues, “Running their new firm under pseudonyms appears to be the latest instance of shady behavior by a pair of convicted fraudsters who’ve become infamous in Washington for various schemes. Now, they are seizing on public exuberance around the promise of AI to transform the workplace — in this case, on K Street.”

According to the Politico reporter, two ex-LobbyMatic employees “resigned after learning of Klein and Sanders’ true identities.” And two others “learned only after they had left the company,” Lippman notes.

4 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

I sent that to a colleague and they came back with our prices for next year and… I looked a bit silly. Like the grumpy old git complaining about AI that I am.

2 Likes

poofs from the nanowrimo thread in a rage induced magical transition
THIS (points to the books) is what AI does.

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

6 Likes