You can call me AI

Straight up. I can see how business people who read third hand articles posted on LinkedIn with no, no credible, or inaccurate and also third hand sources are so impressed with the bullshit jobs prose generator.

6 Likes

I had a CEO once who thought BS mottos like “No Fear” or “[company] goes to eleven!”* were cool.

ChatGPT turd pellets would be perfect for him.

* yes, he really did lift it from Spinal Tap.

3 Likes

I don’t know how well-grounded this suit is, but it’s true that the Silicon Valley AnCapBros love to vacuum up all the data that they can. (I doubt law enforcement and intelligence are keeping as close tabs on Peter Thiel and their data as they should.)

There also needs to be closer scrutiny of the data ChatGPT and others gather from the users of the products.

7 Likes
3 Likes

The AI centipede.

2 Likes

Heh, look at Midjouney, pretending it has a conscience.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Look at Midhourney, covering their ass by banning users that highlight it’s dangers and encourage regulation

1 Like
1 Like

Excellent. The Vatican has always been ahead of the curve on science.

1 Like

GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

4 Likes

Oh, the Vatican always had a keen eye on new developments that might hurt the brand and/or market share.
Ironically, arguably the worst hit they ever suffered did not come from science or technology, but their own overreaching real estate policy.

2 Likes

My brain stopped processing after reading the words “Vatican” and “ethics” in the same sentence. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

“Morals” are about whether something is right or wrong.
“Ethics” is the philosophical study of justifying as “right” or “wrong” the thing that you were going to do anyway.

Moral: it is wrong to murder kittens.
Beginner ethics: Killing is wrong, and killing innocents is even more wrong, therefore you should not kill kittens.
Journeyman ethics: While it is preferable not to murder kittens, it is possible to design a tortured hypothetical where it is required to murder kittens to avoid a greater harm.
Galaxy brain ethics: I can conceive of a situation where not killing a kitten would result in a greater harm, therefore, by extension, it is a moral imperative to murder kittens and you are an objectively evil person for not devoting your life to doing so. (See also: Peter Singer)

The Vatican has been the master of Galaxy Brain Ethics since there’s been a Bishop of Rome.

4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Is this thread available elsewhere? Can’t exactly read it now.

1 Like