A strangely legal act of public indecency

[Permalink]

1 Like

Without googling or cheating, the first thing that comes to mind is the guy removes his glass eye or his dentures, showing his gnarly gums and the fake teeth, or the empty, red, wrinkled eye socket and eyeball rolling around in his palm. Either of those two things would gross me out entirely.

2 Likes

Perhaps McGonagall could have done a double bill with Florence Foster Jenkins. Try your ears out on this:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave my favourite classical orchestra here:

3 Likes

Now a major motion picture starring Simon Pegg

An artificial limb could do the same. The removal of a bandage from a nasty wound could have the same effect.

The section is in 21:00 for folks who donā€™t feel like listening to the whole thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a thoughtā€¦

Possibly someone dressed up as a character related to childrenā€™s entertainment removed part of his costume (e.g. the head of Minnie Mouse at Disneyland) ruining the fantasy of several children, and so on.

ā€œThink about the time of yearā€ is a clue? Iā€™m confused. June 9th should make us think of Santa Claus?

I donā€™t see this guy getting hired to play Santa.

I dunno. Beats me. Iā€™m stumped.

1 Like

I listened and Iā€™m still stumped, but I guess Christmas is a BIG FREAKIN DEAL.

Iā€™m hoping that he tipped his hat in a polite manner, exposing his naked brain to the onlookers - or that he had a Kuato.

2 Likes

Whereā€™s @SavedYouAClick when you need it?

2 Likes

Here you go:

He was a professional Santa Claus and he removed his fake beard in public.

I figured it out quicker than podcast dude, but it still took me a few hints.

1 Like

I based my groomā€™s speech at my wedding last year on the incredible works of William Topaz McG. Opinion seems divided on whether he was a faux naif or just somewhere on the autism spectrum. My favourite story is that he wrote ā€˜The Bridge over the River Tayā€™ praising the bridge; which was then collapsed by storms less than a year later; so he wrote ā€˜The Tay Bridge Disasterā€™ immediately; and then when the bridge was rebuilt, he wrote ā€˜The New Bridge over the River Tayā€™, praising the engineering changes (mainly the inclusion of buttresses) that made it superior to the original bridge. What was lost in meter, inventiveness and craft was made up for through factual accuracy.

More of a poet engineer than a poet laureate, then.

1 Like

William McGonagall has nothing on Colin Millaney! Well, Colin is fictional and somewhat inspired by Willie Mac. Read the humorous exploits of Colin Millaney in the novel The Greatest Living Englishman.

The PS is more conceptual than classical, but great link!

1 Like

Oh the Vogonity!

1 Like