Badass Dragons of the Wasteland - Round Eight Prologue

After cleaning the .50 cal again, I recalled a rather lovely bit of jazz based on car love - makes the time pass in a very refined manner.

Hell No.

Deā€™Ath Waits.

2 Likes

Did this game ever conclude?

No, only the prologue.

One day.

One. Day.

Well, what the heck! @Donald_Petersen, where you at, Rock, where you at?

2 Likes

plus

Cover your eyes, Jack (@funruly)

1 Like

substance-free clickbait.

He slags on Kurt Russellā€™s acting ability. When I compare the tension of The Thing with the fuck-it-all of Escape from NY with the laughable buffoon of Big Trouble, Iā€™m hard pressed to name other actors of that era that pulled off that range.

He slags on Buckaroo Banzai. I should have stopped reading then.

He never discusses the merits of Big Trouble: how many other 80s action movies manage to incorporate magical powers, subvert macho male dominance, pass the Bechdel test, give true hero-status and competence to minorities, address sex-trafficking, and also have genuinely funny lines?

4 Likes

His performance in The Thing stands out as utterly exceptional - itā€™s rare for any actor to absorb you so totally into the character that the entire movie becomes incalculably more believable than without that performance.

2 Likes

I haz a sad :frowning:

@funruly and @daneel have changed their avatars from what was relevant to Badass Dragons of the Wasteland to something else.

I fear that means our game is truly over.

1 Like

Iā€™ll put the makeup back on when the Director gets back on set.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just getting ready for our next game.

Waiting for Badass.

2 Likes

This is a game? Bloody Hell! Iā€™ve never had an existential crisis - at least, not since Englandā€™s appalling performance in the '14 football World Cup - ha! That was a laugh.

Game? What the hell are you talking about?

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

Long version:

TLDR:

Disclaimer: the two have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

Also: did we ever make it to Mars?

1 Like