Bugs with the new BBS system

Getting bad gateway errors periodically.

502 bad gateway-- error saving posts

The post is actually appended to the discussion, it just pops up an error too.

1 Like

I’m having a similar thingie happen to me the past day or two. I post, the post seems to go through, but a few seconds later, an error message pops up saying there was an error saving my post, even though my post is right there…

Same thing happened to me about an hour or so ago.

1 Like

Me four. Latest Chrome on Windows 8.

Sorry about that looks like deploy issues, split brain syndrome, one server has a different idea of the world than the others. Should be fixed now, looking at better ways for us to tell this has happened in the future…

2 Likes

Happens to me, but usually only on mobile (Chrome summat).

UPDATE: okay, also on desktop, Firefox.

I see the thing about multiple servers. Perhaps why I can sometimes perform a like whilst on like-ban?

1 Like

I moved 8 posts to a new topic: I can’t clear my unread / new topics

Not so much a bug as a grievous oversight:

The drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner should have a PODCASTS entry.

Podcasts are a more important thing than videos, IMO, but the latter has its own entry. So podcasts should get the nod too.

Because I’m tired of entering boingboing.net/category/podcasts

We will populate the new drop down more. It’ll be amazing when the tshirt shop can be easily found.

2 Likes

It’s doing it again, but on a wee time delay. I’ll post a response, the response shows up, I move on to another thread, and then, after a short pause, the error message pops up, along with the editable draft that I just successfully posted. Weird, man. Latest Chrome on Win8.

Are the responses actually posting? Did you try clearing browser cache just in case?

Yeah, they seem to be posting fine. It’s not a bug that actually hurts, just a weird hiccupy thing.

I’ve been getting this too. Caused me to double post today.

Yep, it’s posting fine except the attempt at double post afterwards.

I set my own fonts and minimum font sizes in Firefox, to reduce my eye strain and help with my chronic headaches. Unfortunately, choosing my own fonts breaks the icons in Boing Boing and many other sites, and choosing my minimum font sizes causes the row of broken icons to overlap the first line of text when I comment.

I suggest setting a high zoom level for the site, that will scale better. Like so:

If we can just make the text so small that we don’t have to read things…

2 Likes

Was it just me that got logged out of all my sessions today?

I was having real problems connecting this morning - was that your end or my craptastic mobile data?

Earlier today I had a WHOLE BUNCH of 500 server errors, but it cleared up within about 30 minutes

Zoo mean is unpredictable off ---- cannot try to get this right