Debunking Batteriser's marketing claims

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an excellent takedown. Do you suppose weā€™ll ever see a rebuttal?

1 Like

Dave is brilliant. If you want to see his explanation of the difficulty of using WiFi to charge devices, your can see his video (11 minutes) here: http://www.eevblog.com/2010/01/17/eevblog-55-rca-airnergy-wifi-hotspot-energy-harvesting-marketing-bs/

trolley or shill? You decide.

2 Likes

Hi, and welcome to Boing Boing.

Had an opportunity to what, by the way?

2 Likes

Whatever they claim? Youā€™re not even going to bother saying a specific thing they claim, or even ā€œeverything they claim,ā€ but just ā€œwhatever it is that they paid me to shill about, I donā€™t know what it it, but Iā€™m not being paid enough to actually find out?ā€

I only withed engineers once. Never again. Couldnā€™t get the lubricants out of my sofa for months!

6 Likes

Iā€™ll side with Dave Jones on this one. Sorry, (apparent) Troll/Shill/Astroturfer.

1 Like

Query:

What if the Batterizer claims LakshmiUSA tells only lies? Who do we believe then?

2 Likes

I still think they could hit that 800% mark and exceed it if they switched to Pyramid Power.

3 Likes

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure that they just found a warehouse full of these

ā€¦and while deciding what to do with them came up with the battery booster over a few cocktailsā€¦

2 Likes

I doubt weā€™ll see a real one; though there is some potential for obnoxious whining based on the fact that, while absurdly overblown for the AA/AAA powered devices that actually exist in any substantial quantities, the claims might be demonstrable for a suitably (mal)designed test load; and possibly even some awful piece of junk that made its way onto the market at some point.

If theyā€™d just had the decency to unequivocally step over the line into mystical-over-unity-pixies-and-unicorns land, thatā€™d be the last of it; your claim requires that the battery provide more energy than it contains, full stop. So long as they stay close-ish to the bounds of claiming an ā€˜improvementā€™ that is within the bounds of ā€œletā€™s say we go from a device more or less designed to interact badly with AAs to a near-perfect dischargeā€, the product is still largely snake oil; but youā€™d need to do a messy field survey of all the battery powered devices to ā€˜proveā€™ that somebodyā€™s anecdotal widget isnā€™t in fact receiving the alleged benefit. That leaves wiggle room.

Take heart; the Google search results have this article above the companyā€™s website.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.