DJ Esco describes his 56 days in a Dubai jail

“a good little amount” means “quite a lot” so

Nothing sensible to add. Just dropping a bigot turd. Always time for that. Done …

2 Likes

I agree, but he also seems very mellow and non-cynical. I wish I could be a little more like that sometimes.

2 Likes

[quote=“cementimental, post:22, topic:50971”]
“a good little amount” means “quite a lot”
[/quote]Yes, I see that now. I was unfamiliar with that phrase.

@AcerPlatanoides Thank you for your valuable contribution

I was trying to understand how this could have happened.

Turns out even in the Netherlands 5 grams is considered personal use and is the maximum for each transaction.

You spend the day going from coffee shop to coffee shop 5g+5g+5g+5g get back to the hotel roll up some spliffs/blunts/jays whathaveyou setting aside 15g in that super sneaky stoner hiding spot in your bag before you go out for the night. Get super messed up and pass out, wake up late for your flight. In a hurry you grab all your stuff and head out.

But here’s where I can’t make it fit inside my head. You are in the cab to the airport, in que to check bags, in que to do security, and during the whole 6.5 hour flight at no point did it cross his mind. There’s at no point where someone in the crew made the observation that they were traveling from a country with one of the most lax drug laws to one with the most severe.

It’s just hard to fathom being so ignorant of ones personal situation. Perhaps the time he received was a blessing and helped him reflect upon the importance of situational awareness. By comparison he got off pretty easy tho, that guy DJ Grooverider back in 2007 spent 9 months for 2 grams.

1 Like

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/brit-dj-grooverider-tells-of-dubai-prison-ordeal-85977.html#continueArticle

well cool just keep posting more super logical and reasoned speculation about what could have happened and what this guy could have been thinking based on the facts as presented in his short and colloquial personal account of what happened, i’m sure we’ll get to the bottom of this mystery in no time!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.