Easter breakfast sorted: Cadbury Creme Egg stuffed Croissants

[Permalink]

You do know that Hershey’s has put the kibosh on the availability of “real” Cadbury’s products in the U.S., right?

It’s the other way around. Cadbury sold the rights to sell products with their brand to Hershey’s. If you want to be mad, get mad at Cadbury for being so greedy and agreeing to an exclusive agreement.

1 Like

Thats not entirely true though… yes they had sold the rights to Hershey, but then Hershey sued to ensure that no imported “real” Cadbury’s could be sold either. Hershey needs their monopoly to be complete lest people taste what chocolate can be and realize what they’re missing. /says-the-smug-Canadian

1 Like

Cadbury’s did that decades ago. Hershey has just recently sued the major importer of British made chocolates, Cadbury’s in particular, to prevent them from importing Cadbury’s branded candies (and a few other that simply had packages with colors similar to Hershey products and no other relation). There’s a lot of rumor that a number of the better British, Irish, and even Australian expat stores in the US might be going under now. Apparently candy sales were a big deal for a lot of them.

I honestly don’t know why Hershey’s doesn’t just stick to the regular Cadbury’s recipes like literally every other locally produced Cadbury’s product on the face of the planet. Their versions of the products are largely a non-entity. They’re going to capture more of the market by making better chocolate that by destroying a small niche market that wont go for their crap chocolate in the fist place.

2 Likes

Working in the chocolate industry, yes. But that’s not entirely accurate. The only thing Hershey’s is wanting to stop is the sale of Cadbury AND Kraft product chocolates that are sold under the same name here (the ones they have the right to distribute). So that would include things like Kit Kat as well but wouldn’t include Cadbury’s and Kraft products that aren’t manufactured in the US.

Also, it hasn’t put the kibosh on it yet. Imports have not stopped and there is still a push against making sure it doesn’t happen. Here is just one of the many petitions going around for signature to stop it: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/protest-hersheys-lawsuit

1 Like

Delicious but better when the christ is served cold. Easter lunch you can have 'im lightly toasted.

2 Likes

That typo made me very happy in an extremely juvenile way.

6 Likes

The cut-open photograph is much more compelling.

1 Like

Didn’t they recently ruin Creme Eggs in the UK too by ditching the Dairy Milk?

Anyway, fuck Kraft/Mondelez. And Hershey.

3 Likes

Now I’m definitely not fixing it.

2 Likes

Can I have one without the Cadbury please?

1 Like

Yes, chocolate and croissant.

Does this mean chocolate croissants are not a regular fixture of many cafés and bakery’s outside of Australia and New Zealand?

Do American’s seriously consider Cadbury a superior quality chocolate? In Australia Cadbury is very popular, but they’re still just the cheap and fairly decent brand. Nestlé make a few alright chocolate bars, but their plain chocolate is pretty awful. Whittaker’s is where it’s at! Thankfully they seem to be making serious inroads into the Australian market, but I wish I could find the full NZ range over here.

3 Likes

They certainly did - creme eggs are now made with cocoa solids and have a rotten aftertaste.

They’re common in the US as well, usually with dark chocolate. I won’t speak for the whole country, but I’ll say Cadbury is definitely superior to Hershey’s but I can think of multiple brands that are far superior to either.

2 Likes

Pain aux Ĺ“ufs en chocolat-et-marshmallow:

1 Like

In the UK we get pain au chocolate which is basically the same as the French stuff. The same pastry as a croissant, but oblong and with one or two strips of milk chocolate in the middle.
Usually eaten by kids while the adults eat croissants, but I still always go for the chocolate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.