God help us all: Hershey's Kisses will have vanilla frosting this Easter

Originally published at: God help us all: Hershey's Kisses will have vanilla frosting this Easter | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Is this specifically for Easter or is it just launching around Easter? The packaging doesn’t seem to mention Easter.

daisies, butterflies and pink and blue plaid all say easter. plus, that is not really a piping bag on the right, it is the heavenly ray of light.

5 Likes

I can actually hard pass on these. I don’t particularly like vanilla icing, and hershey’s bland version of chocolate is forgettable.

Now if Dove made dark chocolate-mousse-filled nuggets, it’d be ALL OVER.

6 Likes

Are they not halal?

I think he means that Easter is a Christian holiday, so normally, he would not pick up an Easter treat.

9 Likes

If this is anything like Russel Stover’s vanilla cremes, I am in!

2 Likes

Here are all of the upcoming seasonal treats.

I’m likin’ the Whopper Bunny Tails.

2 Likes

I am with you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershey_bar#Hershey’s_milk_chocolate

Never did like the cheesy taste of Hershey’s.
Life’s too short to eat bad chocolate.
Dove’s ok.

People who like chocolate should, if at all possible, make the effort to track down choco made by Germans, Swiss, Belgians. Maybe mail order, in winter, if there’s no local supplier of the good stuff.

4 Likes

Yuck.

6 Likes

The mere idea of shelf stable milk chocolate is disgusting.

1 Like

But if you wait until the day after and buy it on sale, it is kosher.

Something about God and confections made me think of this: Pope Francis Reverses Position On Capitalism After Seeing Wide Variety Of American Oreos

2 Likes

There will always be flavor experiments. Every season brings out another batch and you may have missed these last Christmas.

2 Likes

Lindt does… Little orbs of NOM!

3 Likes

It sounds like it would taste similar to a Cadbury’s Creme Egg to me. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Actual, genuine vanilla is one of the best things evAr. Vanillin, the synthetic, is crap. This

is infinitely superior to

Also, all the best chocolates and caramels are flavored with real vanilla.

ETA: Some of the best chocolate I’ve had was in Jamaica. It was made in Trinidad, if Memory serveth.

Also, Tante Inge, my boss at the German deli, hipped me to why Swiss choc is so great. She took me over to the candy shelf, and showed me a big bar of Swiss choc. “Look at zese cows on ze wrapper. Look how happy zey are! How could zey not be happy, up zere in ze Sviss Alps, wiss all dat lush green grass, and zat view! Zey are ze happiest cows in ze vorld, so zey make ze best milk, vich makes ze best chocolate!” I gleefully pointed out there are also few bugs - and No Mosquitos! - once one reaches a certain elevation, which made her even happier and added more weight to her argument.

Yes, we split that bar between us as the day progressed, and made lotsa happy yummy noises :smiley:

3 Likes

I think you may have misspelled Lindt Lindor Truffle. :wink:

@bashful: My family is always seeking out new Peeps. Candy cane Peeps tasted a lot like peppermint bark, which is always welcome here. Gingerbread we didn’t even try, my son laughed and said “yuk” when he saw them. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.