Ferguson spends itself into the poor-house defending cops' dirty "failure to comply" busts

No, it’s not sarcasm.

Some of us want racial equality.

Some of us want racial war.

Those in the latter category like to pretend that the economic and educational inequities that sustain structural racism are not important; they want people of all skin colors and ethnicities to focus on how that other group is getting it better than them, or how that other group is getting a free ride on your taxes, or some other stupid divisive black/white race-baiting rhetorical meme package.

If you say “Americans love war; especially if it involves killing (mostly brown) people in lands far away” then I’m pretty sure you’re not race-baiting, just acknowledging.

If you say “Crime in the United States is a problem caused by (mostly brown) people” that’s race-baiting on multiple levels - crime demographics aren’t that simple. Again, I’m pretty sure what you’re up to.

This statement lies somewhere nebulously between the extremes; I cannot tell if it is more likely to help or harm any particular cause.

I subscribe to hate literature of various sorts, and to the SPLC’s Intelligence Report, and try to keep up on the issues. Not just the rhetoric, but its effects. The splitting of Ferguson on racial faultlines has not improved the circumstances on the (mostly brown) people there… but it sure has provided opportunities for racists on both sides of the color line.