Flight of the Concordes

There’s a way to fly on the Concorde? Because if so i’ll be checking ALL my credit to see if I have enough balance space to afford whatever astronomical sum I’m sure they’d be asking!

Sure, you sneak into a museum, stuff the Concorde in your pocket, fix it up in your garage, and then fly it across the pond. Easy as cake.

2 Likes

They only cost £1 new, and that was years ago. They must be dirt cheap by now.

I think I’m missing something on this one. What costs £1?

We actually fought hard at Virgin to keep Concorde flying. I still have a wonderful desk model of the plane in full Virgin Atlantic livery but despite offering one million pounds for each aircraft (they were originally sold to BA by the British Government for a pound), sadly our friends at British Airways were having none of it and decommissioned the planes in a way that makes any chance of them flying again an unlikely prospect (they actually cut off the wings of the planes!)

Caveat: I have no idea if this is actually true, or just Branson being Branson (I suspect the latter).

I don’t doubt that the decommissioned birds will never fly again. Even if you found one that was perfectly intact you have no supply chain for replacement parts. You would need to buy several of them and cannibalize the parts to keep your fleet flying. It’s not a long term solution. A multimillionaire hobbyist that wanted to fly them once a year could probably make it happen, but it is not a solution for an airline.

That’s what Air France were doing for years :slight_smile:

It’s THE Concorde. Like, “I had to go to THE hospital.” Not, “I had to go to hospital.”

You’re ALL WRONG. ALL of you.

You’re all trying to make THE Concorde special.

Like saying, "And now, here they are with their new single, “Close to You,” the brother and sister singing group, “The Carpenters!”
And then THE Carpenters wanted to be known as simply, “Carpenters.” But they didn’t build anything out of wood.

And now, I’ve got to go to restroom.
But I really need to go to the pee.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.