fMRI mind-reading of faces

[Permalink]

The ability to decode one person’s internal representation of perceptions gives rise to the possibility of re-mapping one person’s representation to match someone else’s. Then all that’s needed is some sort of playback mechanism - a volume-filling nanotube mesh or something that would allow the appropriate pattern of stimulation, to give us real, working telepathy.

Wait we are defining Eigen-Faces now? What do I have to do to be the “X-axis” of faces?

Why aren’t the squares all brown?

(ooooh, faces…)

1 Like

Because it comes in all sorts of colours:

the shit on the streets of our town come in different shades of brown what i mean can be seen and be found take a stroll and look down on the ground
sometimes a man can’t understand about mother natures grand plan what is chocolate and golden and tan where we walk around or just stand
some has a slight reddish hue a bright yellow is quite common too there’s a rainbow in that residue to be witnessed by me and by you
and out of some doggie’s behind comes a rare an an unusual find its that chalky white albino kind it blows and it boggles my mind
the shit on the streets of our town come in different shades of brown what i mean can be seen and be found take a stroll and look down on the ground
1 Like

I love the word eigenface, despite its utter meaninglessness. You don’t get through MIT without knowing what eigenfunctions are - Yale, not so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.