Gentleman sues Chinese actress for staring at him too intensely through his TV set

[Read the post]

She should counter sue for the way he was staring at her.

6 Likes

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

6 Likes

I’m reminded of Uwe Vandrei, who flat-out admited to filling a lawsuit simply to get his target in the same (court)room as himself…

2 Likes

Aside from the whole ‘trivially frivolous lawsuit’ problem; does the Chinese state still have any of its officially atheistic stuff left over from its communist days? If so, that seems like a difficult venue to be suing for ‘spiritual damage’.

1 Like

OK, well, but if the ‘damages’ you’re claiming are intangible then so should your ‘compensation’ for said ‘damages’ be intangible.

2 Likes

I used to have a lot of trouble with this, but then I realized that having all those actors stare at me is really a form of flattery, they are recognizing my awesomeness. When you think about it, it is probably quite hard for them to work right across a screen from me. Now that I understand this it doesn’t bother me. Also, I save a bunch of money on lawsuits.

2 Likes

I think this is another instance of China, as Jon Stewart so nicely put it, beating us at capitalism.

I am reliably informed that the “abyss” does not “stare back at you”. It “stares back into you”,

I’m not a fan of Nietzsche, but the difference in meaning is pretty important.

The problem they had/have with organized religion is the organizing part, as an alternative to the state, rather than religious or spiritual beliefs.

1 Like

It is only important if someone is, say, writing a thesis on Nietzsche. Applying Nietzsche’s tortured psychology to some slightly delusional Chinese person, on the other hand, is not important at all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.