Hello! Exploring the Superweird world of Hello Kitty

[Permalink]

1 Like

Not the oddest Hello Kitty merch iā€™ve heard of, but still noteworthy

2 Likes

Motor oil?

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the only one that got me as well.

3 Likes

Great post, but the responsive design on it made it feel really claustrophobic when reading on a 13" laptop. More borderspace would help, maybe? Iā€™m not a designer.

I kept making the window wider hoping for some border, but all that did was increase the images to the point they wouldnā€™t fit on the screen.

She is an adorable little scamp. I got my kiddo a Water Cooler and Clock radio for Christmas.

Though no mention of her cousin in Russia.

7 Likes

Great report, thanks Mark!

http://www.kittyhell.com/2008/01/18/hello-kitty-assault-rifle-update/

http://www.kittyhell.com/2010/04/16/hello-kitty-tank/

I want a Hello Kitty rocket launcher!

3 Likes

Would it be weird if a grown man had a Hello Kitty credit card? Because those were some nice credit cards.

4 Likes

Weird is relative.
ā€“ Wednesday Addams

3 Likes

I suspect that Operation Petticoat was a Hello Kitty guerrilla marketing ployā€¦

4 Likes

Would it be weird for a grown man to have a Hello Kitty xyz? Iā€™m a grown man, and I have all sorts of Hello Kitty stuff. So, yes, it would be weird.

6 Likes

a poor-quality pic of the HK section of my Pez collection

2 Likes

Iā€™m rather fond of this short astronaut Hello Kitty comic by Karl Kerschl.

1 Like

Brings back fond memories of ordering the HK ā€œpersonal massagerā€ from J-List.

Back in the day when weird internet purchases were not a commonplace event :slight_smile:

I recently flew to Taiwan on EVA Airlines which has Hello Kittyā€™d I believe 6 of their long-haul jets. This includes elaborate exteriour painting of each jet with all the Hello Kitty characters, issuing Hello Kitty boarding passes, giving pink Hello Kitty aprons to all flight attendants, serving meals with Hello Kitty plastic cutlery, wet towels, and toothpicks. (We even had fishballs shaped like Hello Kitty.) For me, though, the best part was the Hello Kitty vomit bag.

8 Likes

Read somewhere about Hello Kitty feminine hygiene supplies. Which seems so . . . well, I dunno.

My contribution to unlicensed Sanrio oddness:

Go to the site and navigate right and left for details.

2 Likes

Itā€™s too late for Christmas, but I need that tarot deck for the HK enthusiast in my life.

Itā€™s never too late for Christmas!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.