How free software activist Richard Stallman surfs the web

That is not what the guys said…

Why does boingboing comments page hijack Ctrl-F?

3 Likes

He should not fly. Aircraft are controlled by a system that relies on non-free software and use non-free software to control their systems.

2 Likes

Python provides glue between native libraries. That’s its strength. Python is slow because a java style just in time compiler is unable to optimise the code, so it has to be interpreted on every pass.

The people who idolize him. Someone in this thread called him a prophet for example. Its not hard to find folks like that, people looking for some kind of messianic leader to lead them through the confusion towards the promised land.

2 Likes

I suppose there might be some people like that. But the people I know who admire RMS’s work are all quite capable of separating the man from the mission. It seems that his detractors rarely are.

5 Likes

The mission contains good bits but to me is tainted by zealotry. I could say much the same for the man but I’d be speaking quite generously.

1 Like

Thankfully we can reap the benefits of various aspects of the mission, and the zealotry is self-inflicted, not forced outward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.