HOWTO reform the NSA

Disassemble? Hell no, I want to see the NSA transform into a giant mecha. Then Optimus Prime can handle the problem.

That was slavery and segregation, which was heinous and needed to be stopped: this is the matter of a security organization that can’t just be (realistically) dismantled without fierce opposition from conservative sections of the U.S. government and U.S. society. The best and realistic thing to do now instead of just having it dismantled is to reform it, which this proposal for new ground rules is saying, and it most likely has a greater chance of success.

Sometime, you’ve got to know when to compromise, and this concept, I think, is the best way to do it.

As well, every other nation on Earth has internal security agencies (List of intelligence agencies), many of them quite competently run and not doing what the NSA is accused of doing-are you going to say that they shouldn’t exist? Again, be realistic about this and admit that the NSA needs reform, not abolition.

What’s there to try? What you and the other poster wants is not going to happen, while this proposal just might have a snowball’s chance of happening. I’ll be going with the proposal.

This is a valuable proposal. It’ll never happen, but it’s what should happen. Meanwhile, we need to start looking for ways to take back what little of our privacy is left.
Get your stuff off the cloud where it’s a sitting duck for NSA, not to mention Google, Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox or whoever is hosting it for you. They’re ALL looking at your stuff, either to find reasons to get you or find ways to get your money.
Still want to get to your files over the Internet? Then put them in something like a Cloudlocker (cloudlocker.it), which stays in your house where no one can get to it without a warrant issued on probable cause you’re a bad guy. That’s the way it’s supposed to work. Hopefully, we’ll see more products like this to help ordinary people protect what little of our privacy we have left.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.