Interview with creator of "My Husband's Stupid Record Collection" blog

i agree it was mostly about complaining and not about the blog. that’s okay, i guess.
i think what i took away from it is the that she thinks the “my husband’s stupid” [sic] lady doesn’t get shit because she is an “outsider” and dudes are okay with it because she’s a n00b and acts like it. while the author of the gawker piece was an actual “insider” reviewer and got all sorts of shit because she is a woman.
i can see it happen, have seen it happen, and it’s really too bad.
not all dudes, but many dudes need to grow a pair [intentional cliche use] and accept the fact that someone can be better than them at something, even, [gasp], a woman.
i guess people can do what they want, but i don’t have to tolerate them when they are insufferable and contribute to stagnating the growth of equality and good times for all in our society.
sorry, i guess i went on my own rant…

1 Like

despite my reply below, i totally agree with this as well. [thumbs up emoji?]

Didn’t even realize AA was around long enough to do 5 albums.

Oh, I got that part, but…*shrug* I feel…weird. Like, am I supposed to feel guilty because I don’t have a problem with this, or that she’s not getting rape and death threats? Because the number of women who I have sent hatemail for writing about music is right around zero.

Unless saying “You’re a fucking idiot” to a woman counts as hating women, in which case…sheesh, I’ve told guys they’re fucking idiots wrt music. I haven’t in ages because I’m not a teenager.

And like I say, I skimmed it because…Gawker. Here’s my emotionally-charged rant, and I’m right because I’m angry. Give me pageviews and congratulatory Tumblr-style GIFs.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.