When Miles Davis named his album Bitches Brew

[Read the post]

4 Likes

ā€œPlease advise.ā€

lol

9 Likes
17 Likes

Um, okā€¦

Sort of like ā€œbelling the catā€. Iā€™m not gonna tell him no.

1 Like

Honestly, if I were in his shoes, I would have done and said exactly the same thing. Which for me makes it even funnier.

(And bitches brew isnā€™t even all that good. There, I said it)

2 Likes

Totally agree. Itā€™s too slow moving and alternates between too shrill and flat-sounding. I much prefer the other stuff.

Rolling Stone disagrees, however.

2 Likes

I prefer Coltrane anyway.

3 Likes

Thirteen years old and I ask a record store clerk if they had any ā€˜amazing jazzā€™. He recommended this.

Mind. Permanently. Blown.

10 Likes

Wow. A useful recommendation from a clerk when it really counted. Hard to beat that.

3 Likes

I think the clerk might have been Jack Blackā€¦

3 Likes

Gets me wondering if that Teo Macero documentary is still coming together.

Yes, IMDB has it updated as in post-production for release in April, 2016. I saw the teaser five years ago!

I love electric-era Miles. As end-results go, it is a mixed bag, but an incredibly creative period. A fly on the wall would have no doubt witnessed amusing discussions with the record company about what to do with the stuff.

1 Like

I even like Tutu, despite (or possibly because of) its really cheesy 80s-isms. I pretty much have the whole thing memorized. I wore out a cassette, rebought it on CD, lost the CD and bought it in MP3.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.