Miriam Carey, woman killed in Capitol car chase, believed Obama 'electronically monitoring' her

This, I eventually realized, is why I love Dr. Bronners labels so much–all the skewed passion of an internet crazy, without the bitter, angry aftertaste.

2 Likes

1 Like

Just to echo what you’re saying in a more simplified form:

The human brain is really good about filtering in data that confirms your biases and understanding, and filters out data that goes against it. We hear what we want to hear.

So every time you felt uneasy and saw high voltage lines, it reinforced your thinking. But for every time you felt uneasy and there were no high voltage lines, it didn’t really register with you.

He probably was.

Providing care for mental illness is an issue that I am passionate about. I believe that people who are well have a responsibility to advocate and care for those who are not. I believe that all of us would be better off if those who are marginally ill were able to function better. I think all of us would be safer if those who are are in need of constant care and assistance had that. I think our society would function better if the caretakers of people who need constant care had relief and support and were not themselves marginalized.

Here is a woman for whom, at the time of her incident, there was no good solution for help, but from what I am hearing, at many points along the way there were people who were concerned for her mental health. What if they had some actual good resource to turn to; her daughter might not just have a mother but one who was a functional person.

1 Like

And those of us in on it laugh, because we KNOW the transmitter is in the ketchup bottle. . .

I dunno, I’ve worked with some NSA people. If you have charcoal handy, you can make some serious coin by sticking some up their butts: you get diamonds in no time at all. . . . (evil grin)

Clearly you haven’t tried number 3…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.