Molly Crabapple animation on the lessons Ferguson teaches us about policing in America

[Permalink]

2 Likes

I don’t actually care if he was shot in the face, back, or wherever. The fact that he was shot and killed while being unarmed is insane.

According to wikipedia it went as follows:
“A struggle then took place between Brown and Wilson through the window of the police SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe. Wilson’s gun was fired twice during the struggle, with one bullet hitting Brown’s arm while it was inside the vehicle.[31] Brown and Johnson fled and Johnson hid behind a car.[32] Wilson got out of the vehicle and pursued Brown. At some point, Wilson fired his gun again, with at least six shots striking Brown in the front,[12] fatally wounding him. Brown was unarmed”

The gun went off twice during a struggle? And then you shoot six more times? I’m sorry, but that is still murder.

7 Likes

“Protect and serve.”

I look at this incident as part of a larger whole-- police forces taking seminars to maximize how they confiscate property from the public, use of tazers in situations where the victim is not even being violent, the tendency for people with dark skin to be stopped and searched more often than whites, the “thin blue line” stickers cops put on their civilian vehicles.

“Protect and serve” who?

4 Likes

Fantastic video that I can use well in other places. Thank you Molly!!

My fingers are crossed that the grand jury will do the right thing, but I’m not holding out much hope for that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.