On April 1, Magic Lantern crashed cameras for the laughs

no, the intent of the code was to make it superficially appear that a fully functional camera was bricked.

2 Likes

What is this “cyber crime law” … is it different from “regular law”? Is it still under the “supreme court”, or is there a new “cyber supreme court”?
:wink:

1 Like

You’re off to cyber jail, buddy!

1 Like

Cyber-cuffs? Can we use those for cyber-sex?

#CYBER #CYBER #CYBER

1 Like

I really wouldn’t recommend it

2 Likes

That’s… what?

1 Like

[my brain just blue-screend]

That is a a cyberwoman. She’s wearing a cyberbikini, because she hasn’t been fully cyberconverted.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re going to get that.

featurenotabug

Cybermen have enough meat-parts left to be concerned with (partially) upgrading her underwear?

IN-teresting.

uh.

<thread-jack/>

1 Like

Why exactly do you share the same avatar as @SteampunkBanana?

We are migrating everyone to a single avatar style to eliminate confusion.

4 Likes

Just as I was about to comment on how confusing it is watching you and @OtherMichael converse. For a second I thought you were talking to yourself.

As for this prank? Meh.

You think it’s confusing? I’ve already got a warning from the luck dragon for something @OtherMichael was doing!

2 Likes

It wasn’t me, it was @OtherMichel! Ce est mon histoire, et je suis coller à lui.

1 Like

“You can’t complain about free stuff” is such a lame justification for laziness or incompetence (or, in this case, malice.) It’s like no one’s ever heard of opportunity cost.

If I offer you a ride to the airport and throw you out with your luggage on the side of the freeway halfway there, does “Hey, it was a free ride, you get what you pay for!” cut any ice?

5 Likes

That’s exactly why I use an alternative to rm that moves files to a location other than /dev/null (in my case ~/.Trash) for later deletion after I’m sure I didn’t throw away anything I didn’t mean to. Of course you can still fuck things up that way, but not quite as badly.

1 Like

Really? Not a community at all, then. Most videomakers are not coders and couldn’t “contribute” even if they wanted. Or did you mean cash?

Of course, it’s sadly fitting for the experience of Canon users, since the company that stumbled into the ‘dslr video revolution’ completely by accident has shown again and again it doesn’t care about their video-centered customers unless they’re paying top dollar for the ‘pro’ line of products. And certainly didn’t encourage or accept any of that ‘hacking to unlock potential’ malarkey. So no one cares about anyone, hooray.

Panasonic had a much better response to people hacking their GH cameras: they paid attention to what people were looking for and why in the GH1 and GH2 hacks, and improved the newer models (GH3, GH4) to do pretty much the same things the hacks unlocked – but with factory reliability and no shenanigans necessary.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.