School bus driver bans little girl from reading

Make the sentences slightly longer and mention hoardings, and this could have been J.G. Ballard.

No. I refuse to believe thereā€™s an actual human being who thinks thatā€™s in any way a reason to ban reading on a school bus. I can only assume the driver has some kind of deep personal grudge against this girl and this is his roundabout way of insulting her.

5 Likes

obviously a terrorist weapon to gouge out the eyes of innocent children.

1 Like

Why, she keeps readinā€™ on the bus, first thang you know sheā€™ll git herself some dat uppity book larninā€™.

Howā€™s she gonna larn her place then?

Iā€™m sorry to advise that there are some people who are so effing ignorant and have such faulty reasoning that they just make terrible decisions, which sometimes impacts the innocent children in their charge. But then for the win, you get some freaking official group of elected wankers who think that authority MUST be supported, no matter how stupid, b/c authority [bowing down in obedience].

4 Likes

There are situations that call for civil disobedience. This is one of them.
(pictures a ā€œread-inā€ where every passenger brings a book)

9 Likes

A book registry would help.

This isnā€™t that all surprising, Quebec has a third of the population who CANNOT READ.
And almost 20 percent more do not understand what they are reading.

the person who drives the bus is allowed to make the rules

That makes sense, because obviously these are highly trained individuals with expert level experience in both child development and motor vehicle trauma.

3 Likes

Whenever I read stuff like this I always yearn for the actual context. I always imagine that in situations like this, it involves the parents in some sort of conflict with the administration and the kids getting caught in the middle. ā€œYour motherā€™s been complaining that Iā€™m always late for pickup, so no books for you.ā€

3 Likes

There you go: Safety goggles should do the trick!

My first though was to cut the corners of all the books to round them off.
Canā€™t poke yourself in the eye with an ovoid book!

1 Like

It not just the books that are dangerous.

Probably. Too bad, too. That is the most gorgeous bookmark Iā€™ve ever seen.

poke herself in the eye with a corner of the book.

Thatsa great danger. If allways waried abot that.

1 Like

Tabarnak?

For your information it was the Anarchist Cookbook she was reading. Well done, driver!

Because anyone who could fund it is afraid itā€™d be used against them.

1 Like

ā€œWhat you reading for?ā€

ā€œErmā€¦ so I donā€™t end up a school bus driver.ā€

7 Likes

Thats why whenever Iā€™m doing something dangerous, like reading pop-up books, or sorting my cotton swabs by size and fluffiness, I wear this:

2 Likes

For the record, cousin, the surname Auger means that child is my cousin too. And a reader. Can I go into nerd-mama-dragon on her behalf, now?

1 Like