'Syrian Electronic Army' boasts of attacks on NYT, Twitter, other big online media

I spent those paragraphs illustrating how the loss of trust due to governmental overreach and deception leads people to make comments like the one xendra7 posted. The argument wasn’t made by me. I only gave example of how one can reach that conclusion. Rationality never enters in to it. I never said it was a false flag operation, only that past behavior is an excellent indicator of present activity.

It always amazes me how many ‘tin foil hat’ ideas are later proven to be true and how they are also forgotten.

This kind of knee jerk conspiracy theory is born of the mistrust the US government continues to engender. Try to change that instead of peoples reaction to it.

1 Like

No No. It was the USSR that was behind Luxor. They hated Sadat and had Adel Mohamed al-Khayat get rid of him. Adel Mohamed al-Khayat was the face behind the Luxor massacre. Now Adel Mohamed al-Khayat is a governor of Egypt (a tourist area no less) sworn in by Mohamed Mursi.

See how state mistrust can lead you down these odd twists and turns? My point was that these actions in bad faith by our (and other) government leads to a situation where these kind of accusations happen. Instead of ridiculing people for reacting irrationally and out of fear due to the misdeeds of their government, maybe we should look to that misbehaving government as in the wrong and capable of anything. After all, they clearly cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

I didn’t flag anything, don’t know why it would have been.

Ah well, no worries then, carry on and sorry for name calling.

Clearly, ‘Anonymous’ is anyone who wants to call themselves Anonymous.

There is probably some core group of people who self-identify as Anonymous.

But literally anyone in the world can put on a Guy Fawkes mask, use a voice scrambling software, and record their own position as Anonymous forwarding any cause whatsoever they want.

“New Anonymous Video: Anonymous Secretly Loves the NSA!”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.