The CIA joins Twitter, Facebook

[Permalink]

I clicked on the FB link and saw it had an even 3,500 likes. For a second, I thought they were manipulating the system and there was no way that many people could like them so fast. The even number suggested to me they were gaming the system.

So I hit refresh, and it went up 41.

Stop the planet, I want to get off.

also…

https://twitter.com/funruly/status/475038061504761857

2 Likes

FB really needs to add a “dislike” button, so we can even things out…

6 Likes

Clicking that button would only put you on a list and add 38 likes to the account.

2 Likes

You really do have to appreciate that first tweet, though. Nothing like a Big Brother with a sense of humor.

A zany knee-slapper, that one.

The CIA cracking wise with Twitter humor, or Michael Hayden making “we already know” jokes in his debate with Greenwald and Dershowitz, is kinda like having a police officer pull you over and make a joke about how a quick BJ would clear everything up. Laugh along or just throw up? With the power imbalance, it’ll never be funny.

2 Likes

Bah, that’s just the Culinary Institute of America in disguise.

Awesome- If Facebook keeps increasing the amount of information they harvest about the CIA, and the CIA keeps harvesting information from Facebook, we should be able to start a feedback loop where they’re so busy collecting information on themselves that they forget about the rest of us.

Yes, but are they just going to be one of those creepy Facebook lurkers who spend all their time stalking you online and end up knowing way too much about you?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.