Video: montage of arcades in movies

[Permalink]

Ahh memories…, though Brother From Another Planet is conspicuously missing.

2 Likes

Technically the scene from Back To The Future II is not set in an arcade but in an '80’s nostalgia café with a single video game. And every time I hear those kids complain that “you have to use your hands” I wonder what the hell it is they use to play video games in the distant year of 2015.

1 Like

There’s going to need to be a lot of Jaws sequels out this year.

So next year 1985 will be as far away as 1955 was when BTTF came out. I’m kind of surprised there isn’t a sequel in production.

1 Like

Microsoft invented time travel so they could sneak covert Kinect propaganda into the Back to the Future sequel.

1 Like

I’m particularly fond of the arcade sequence in the 1978 Dawn of the Dead – it was an interesting time before the dawn of truly electronic arcade machines like Space Invaders or Pac-Man. I recall seeing a few arcades like that when I was a small child, even though my primary arcade experience was as a teenager in the early/mid 1980s.

1 Like

I was in my hometown last week, helping my mom - and found myself at? the SHOPPING MALL!

Where the arcade I used to play at in 1979 is still in business, although under a different name.

the sounds, the smells, the music? all gave me such a strong smack of nostalgia, jolted so many memories all-at-once, that I actually felt weak in the knees, and had to stop for a second.

Of course, it was all new games, and different layout, etc, but!

it was pretty cool.

Awesome that you got a nostalgic frisson and a glimpse of all the changes, before they remembered you from 1979.

1 Like

Missing: A little kid with no quarters pretending to play along with the attract screens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.