What is it that makes Ted Cruz so very creepy?

[Permalink]

When Ted Cruz lies, he appears to be praying.

ā€œWhen he lies?ā€ How exactly did the author establish a baseline?

13 Likes

I was wondering that too. I also wonder if itā€™s possible to determine when Cruz, or, for that matter, any politician, is deliberately lying and then theyā€™re saying something that, however absurd, they genuinely believe. After all, in the words of George Costanza, ā€œItā€™s not a lie if you believe it.ā€

5 Likes

Several of us are already on this

2 Likes

And here I thought it had to do with the whole reptoid alien thing.

3 Likes

If you want creepy, go look up Tedā€™s father Rafael Cruz. Rafael declared his son ā€œthe anointed oneā€ and, as a Christian Dominionist, that means that Ted is ā€œblessed by God as a Christian to lead the world in a biblical mannerā€.

Ted has not denounced his fatherā€™s crazy ideas and, in fact, seems to be quietly embracing it.

1 Like

ā€œBlame Canada!
With all their beady little eyes
And flappinā€™ heads so full of liesā€

7 Likes

I figured it was ad hominem and thus pointless, but now that you mention it, he does make this facial expression that is utterly befitting of a politician (in other words, repugnant). That tight-lipped thing he does, is both plaintive and pitying at the same time. ā€œHey, Iā€™ve done what I can, as for everyone else ā€“ forgive them for they know not what they do.ā€

Also, so help me, Cruz looks like Joseph McCarthy.

(Edited for spellingā€¦ and P.S. @bizmail_ public I just saw your links. Iā€™m on the same page. I grok. Pickinā€™ up what youā€™re layinā€™ down. Catchinā€™ your drift. Smellinā€™ what youā€™re steppinā€™ in. Etc.)

3 Likes

Thatā€™s some mighty fine reportinā€™ there, son.

Whew! Good thing thereā€™s nothing else important going on in the world or our govt these days. Whew! We all needed a refreshing breather to take superficial aesthetic potshots at people who we disagree with.

Canā€™t wait for his articles in 2014 about how Hilaryā€™s cankles and crowsfeet distract from her core message.

1 Like

When George Dubya Bush was lying, he usually had this deer-in-the-headlights look.
When George H W Bush was lying, heā€™d sneer.
When Bill Clinton was lying, heā€™d usually grin this grin that said of course heā€™s lying, and he knows that you know that heā€™s lying, and heā€™s fine with you being in on the game, but his part in it was to do the lying and yours was to act as if you believed him about not inhaling or whatever.
Reagan was an actor; he read all his lines in character, whether he believed them or not.
Jimmy Carter didnā€™t lie; that would be wrong.
Gerald Ford probably didnā€™t lie much either; heā€™d gotten the job by promising to pardon Nixon, had done that, and after heā€™d gotten away with that, whatā€™s the point in lying?
And Nixon, well, you could tell he was lying because his lips were moving, and if they werenā€™t moving, he was planning the next lie.

15 Likes

When Ted Cruz lies, his lips appear to move.

1 Like

The creeps you can easily spot arenā€™t half as bad as the many more you cannot.

2 Likes

Critique would be valid if this was the New York Times. Also, you said ā€œwhewā€ twice. Ten points from Gryffindor.

2 Likes

This is off the record; out of legal consideration; but a suitably cooperative anesthesiologist and some duct tape can get a baseline ā€˜not lyingā€™ belief state out of just about anybody. Sometimes they even wake up mostly undamaged.

Ted Cruz has a face meant to deceive. There is so much movement and expression going on with that face that you simply must pay attention, and thatā€™s how he gets people to listen to what he says.

Notice who is hiding in this google image search for Joe McCarthy:

3 Likes

My folks love me and all, but if my father declared me ā€œthe anointed oneā€ I would assume someone had slipped him crazy pills. Also, a world run in a ā€œbiblical mannerā€ sounds like a horrid place to be a woman, a child, a minority, or really anyone other than ā€œthe anointed oneā€. Or, maybe thatā€™s the point. {shudder}

3 Likes

I would assume that my dad just wiped something off of his hands using the back of my shirt, hair, etc.

1 Like

Cankles and Crowā€™s Feet ? At this point, what difference does it make ??? (evil grin)

Ted Cruz doesnā€™t look that much like McCarthy to me. He looks more like the illegitimate love-child of Pat Buchanan and Bill Pullman.

1 Like