Where the fuck is Princess Leia (in the toy aisle)?

Adorable! I love her work!

I like Gaiman, and her mom likes both Gaiman and Pratchett. (I don’t dislike Prachett, I am just horrible at reading actual books and haven’t read him.) I am sure she will be exposed to both as time goes.

I am not a Brony by any means, but the show is actually pretty good. And I enjoyed things like Weird Al’s guest spot, the Big Lebowski easter egg, and Derpy. Her favorite is Rainbow Dash.

1 Like

My teenage daughter insists, with much eye-rolling, that I am totally a brony, because we used to watch MLP together when she was tiny. I thought it was one of the better shows on TV, honestly.

1 Like

Well, for what it’s worth, they did address that in the Marvel comic from 1977:

She’s like 5’2", for cripes’ sake.

2 Likes

I’m not sure you would qualify as a brony, would you? I thought the term was reserved exclusively for fans of the new show, which has only been on since 2010 (and your teenage daughter would not have been “tiny” back in 2010 :)).

It is a decent show, as far as kids’ entertainment goes. I’m thrilled that my kids are really into it, it means I’m not subjected to endless Dora and Diego episodes now, the way I was with my first kid.

1 Like

It’s one of the better shows on this planet. Just great fun.

From Spippo - Professional, Traditional Artist | DeviantArt -

2 Likes

Where the fuck is Princess Leia (in the toy aisle)?

Um… 1977?

From memory, that was in the novelisation as well (the one credited to Lucas but actually written by Alan Dean Foster). I think it was based on the original screenplay, so it’s not really a retcon.

That still doesn’t explain why she didn’t even hand him one. My hunch: she was just scared to do so because she thought he was a terrifying monster. Watching the throne room scene without music supports that theory:

Wow, you’re right… I just looked at Wikipedia and the show we watched was definitely not the old 1980s MLP, it was the 2010 one. So she was already ten! Half my size, but not tiny.

And I definitely do not qualify as a brony. She’s just being a teenager.

I was going to say, I’d buy a MLP that looked like this.

But then I found THIS and I have to get a couple shirts made from it.

6 Likes

Wookie culture has a strong communistic streak. As such, although honors are appreciated, physical tokens of such, like medals,are not bestowed in public as it’s considered flaunting something rare that cannot be shared, at a moment where they’re already receiving an intangible elevation above the rest of their peers. Medals and such (more traditional fancy ribbons and stones tied into the hair) are given privately and never showed except to prove that they earned the honor or remind themselves (in the event of age-related memory loss which Wookies are prone to).

Now, Chewbacca is a cosmopolitan Wookie, and so he doesn’t begrudge his friends receiving honors in the style they’re used to, but he respects his own traditions, and Leia respects his as well.

(That’s my theory, and I stick to it!)

2 Likes

Yup. It’s as dull as this - the marketing people couldn’t give a toss.

So they lose my cash, and my kids get educated properly.

Net Positiion: Up.

yay!

She’s a Disney princess now. It’s only a matter of time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.