Who will win this year's Nebula Award?

[Permalink]

I’m finding myself doing a bunch of skipping around for the content, guys. The actual show doesn’t start until four minutes in. I love the easy, conversational tone and the genuine love of sci fi and fantasy that comes through. I just wish it was only slightly more structured, just slightly.

I don’t like podcasts in general (when I do try them I have to pump them to VLC so I can ramp up the speed to 2x), but I did check out the guesses for the Nebulas.

My own guesses:

Novel: Either Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer or The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu. I haven’t read either of them, so my personal pick would have to be, by default, Ancillary Mercy by Anne Leckie

Novella: I’ve read a few of these, and I’m going to guess “Grand Jeté (The Great Leap)” by Rachel Swirsky, and in this case that’s also my personal pick.

Novellette: I’m going to guess “The Devil in America” by Kai Ashante Wilson, just because it had the kind of ‘literaryness’ that turns me off personally, but that often awards like this appreciate. I’ve only read a few of the nominees, so my choice would be “Sleep Walking Now And Then” by Richard Bowes, although I’ve read others not nominated this year I like better than any of them.

Short Story: Despite reading a fair number of 2014 stories, I’ve actually only read one of these nominees, and I didn’t like it (I’ll refrain from mentioning it though). So it’s hard to make a guess, but I’ve never let that stop me before… I’m going to guess “When It Ends, He Catches Her” by Eugie Foster just because I suspect more of the voters may have read it because (IIRC) the author died shortly after it was published.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.