Why medieval monks filled manuscript margins with murderous rabbits

Because somebody had to post it:

4 Likes

And to start steering us back on topic:

#####(Yes, Iā€™m bored at work. How did you know? :laughing: )

5 Likes

Galavant!

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s the variant that websearching provides, but the version I first heard (as a kid, so excuse poor taste if it doesnā€™t hold up) starred a castrating nun who would seduce any predatory men who made passes at her, then removing their members when they were, uh, at their most vulnerable.
She stores them up for years and later brings them to the most famous master leather craftman in the land, with instructions to make something fine and precious out of them. Repeated visits follow but he keeps putting her off, promising itā€™ll be worth the wait. Eventually she gets the summons to come and collect, only to be presented with a very plain, modest little purse.
ā€œIs that it?ā€ she says, etc. etc. Disappointment clear on her faceā€¦
ā€œAh, but when you rub it, in turns into a suitcase!ā€ he replies.

1 Like

They promised a Season 3, and now I find itā€™s been cancelled. Damn!

1 Like

I donā€™t remember them making such a promiseā€¦ I just remember them saying, if we come back for another season, this is what youā€™ll see: [insert Tad Cooper scene].

ETA:

And now we're almost done,
 Our tale completely spun,
 As buffed and polished as a royal jewel
 There's not much left to tell,
 And hey, that's just as well,
 Unless we get one more surprise renewal
 Now
 We'll prob'ly have to go and get work
 On some cheap-ass cable network,
 But- 
 The door is not quite shut!
 So if we make the cut,
 Here's what you'll see on Galavant...

That doesnā€™t sound particularly optimistic (but then again, neither did the Season One finale).

2 Likes

By ā€œtheyā€, I mean the internet, and by ā€œpromisedā€ I mean talked about it. Thatā€™s good enough for me, and I WANT MY MUSICAL MEDIEVAL PASTICHE NOW!

But yes, the show was always on shaky ground, and they had to end the season with some sort of conclusion just in case.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.