1/4 of cars cause 9/10 of pollution

God, these guys are such assbags.
Talk about arrested development.

1 Like

Is this English?

2 Likes

Prius repellent!
Awwww, thatā€™s cute! :slight_smile:

I am not a violent man, but I swear to all gods I would stick epoxy in mr. prius repellantā€™s door locks if I ever saw him parked somewhere. And then x out the prius with a pink sparkly metal marker.

Since I would have the epoxy, I would then see if I could permanently close the doors and then use the remaining epoxy to glue the tires to the ground.

I think you two would make great friends.

One day, Stephen Harper is going to knock the chip oof your shoulder, Canada. and then where you be? States 51-60?

2 Likes

True. I use my eyes to judge the pollution - if you canā€™t see through the cloud of blue burned oil from the carā€™s defunct rings and/or valve seals, itā€™s in the polluting category.

My 1958 Chevy emits a good bit of pollution, as its brand-new 1970s style crate 350 is not designed to burn very cleanly. Even the brand-new Edelbrock AFB clone carburetor is a mess.

Our two Priuses, on the other hand, emit nothing. Nothing.

1 Like

:confused: What?

All hybrid powertrains emit some form of exhaust gas, they still have an ICE somewhere in the mix. Or are you referring to a full electric?

As for your carb issue, try adding a heavy duty fuel filter inline. The large amounts of ethanol in modern fuel wreaks havoc on most older style fuel lines. You likely are getting sludge and particulate fouling the float valves or jets.

2 Likes

Hey bro, letā€™s hotbox sometime.

2 Likes

If you look at the chart of NOx, etc, emissions over time itā€™sā€¦ Well actually at bit surprising that 5% of the cars arenā€™t making 90%of those emissions. The improvements have been staggering.

1 Like

Oh, very true. Full disclosure here, many years ago I did work at an emissions testing facility, although I left a few years before they gutted the standards. I usually worked on the ā€œolder than 96ā€ side of the building, as I could actually drive pretty much anything that rolled up to the door. (Some of the younger workers had a lot of difficulty with 3-speed column stick shifts, for some odd reason.) Vehicles could pass before completing the full test if their emissions were low enough earlier in the test. This was actually pretty common. ā€œVintageā€ vehicles only had to be tested when changing owners, and I was always somewhat amused when a Ford Pinto or the like came through for testing when applying for their antique car licence. (Hey, I had one of those in high school ā€¦ )

Of course even having to meet standards of previous years, we still got a lot of failures. I remember this one guy yelling at me about ā€œThis is communism!ā€ or some such nonsense. I was quite unaware of actual communist countries being excessively clean.

2 Likes

Iā€™d expect on a per-Mass and per-Horsepower basis that those semi-trucks are some of the most efficient vehicles on the road, since theyā€™re kept up with very regular maintenance, and are a key cost-center for shipping. Iā€™ve been to a few trucking depots when I was in high school for my ā€œTruck Transportationā€ merit badge in the Boy Scouts.

The two things these shipping and dispatch depots impressed on me:

• They take good care of the drivers and offer them a lot of amenities. The stress-level was practically zero at the dispatching station and they asked us several times to keep our voices low for the sake of the drivers.
  • They take excellent care of their trucks. The containers arenā€™t whatā€™s important. Itā€™s the tractors that are important, and they completely rebuild the engines every 500k to 1m miles. These trucks are serviced every time they arrive into the dispatch station and are checked very thoroughly for anything that might be off with them.
3 Likes

While I wouldnā€™t vandalize someoneā€™s vehicle for being such an asshole to purposely fuckup their exhaust and redirect it to sedan window-level, itā€™s actually illegal to emit excessive exhaust in my state.

We actually have state laws that prohibit modifying vehicles to be louder than normal and/or producing more unburnt exhaust. I havenā€™t seen any rolling coal people around my neck of the woods, but what theyā€™re actually doing (in addition to being spiteful, petty, stupid, wasteful and environmentally harmful on purpose) is illegal as well.

1 Like

Jeesus.

ā€œSure, our club is called ā€˜The Murdering Rapistsā€™ but really itā€™s all about showing off how powerful and sexually virile we are within the bounds of the law. Of course, some new members might be stepping over the line but we very quickly have a stern talk with them about their behaviour.ā€

3 Likes

Seriously though, if the rolling coal people love their trucks so much, why donā€™t they just wrap their mouth around the tailpipe and spare the rest of us from their precious, intentionally-exacerbated, catalytic-converters-are-for-pussies fumes.

I mean, itā€™s got to be a form of premeditated assault to modify your truck to belch more smog, then drive around looking specifically for Priuses and cyclists to belch it onto.

Theyā€™re threatening violence, and they know that the exhaust is poisonous. Iā€™d bet the cops would do all kinds of violent and illogical things to these guys if they were walking around with teargas grenades and pepperspray looking for vegetarians to hose down. But I guess the cops are too busy executing civil forfeitures and killing unarmed black people to take care of other law enforcement duties.

1 Like

ā€œSorry Officer, I was in fear of my life and in order to stop my attacker from asphyxiating me or giving me cancer, had to defend myself.ā€

How this isnā€™t considered assault is beyond me.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Iā€™m not seeing lip on chrome contact. If he really loved his truck, heā€™d be willing to be more intimate with it, and make compromises.

ā€¦Truckilingus.

2 Likes