2-dimensional police car in Dubai

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/14/2-dimensional-police-car-in-du.html

5 Likes

3D police car.in Dubai faster!

8 Likes

In Austria there are 2-dimensional police men.

7 Likes

I heartily approve! Plenty of places will park a police cruiser where they want traffic to slow down. By the time a driver sees there’s no cop inside, he’s already slowed down. This innovation will save local government the price of a police car, which I assume is not small.

4 Likes

Till a few days later when everyone has it figured out and the rednecks start taking pot shots at it.

3 Likes

Around my neck of the woods they place dressed dummies in the cars. It works well for a portion of the day but then the jig is up once drivers get wise. Then the car is moved to another location.[quote=“TobinL, post:5, topic:97002”]
the rednecks start taking pot shots at it
[/quote]

As if deer crossing signs aren’t entertaining enough.

4 Likes

Ah, I was expecting something like this:

3 Likes

check out these 1-dimensional police cars

___ _______ ___ . ___ _______ ___ . ___ _______ ___

14 Likes

Unless it gets stolen.

3 Likes

Unless it gets stolen.

have to be stolen a couple dozen times

1 Like

It’s actually an Abu Dhabi police car. Same country, different Emirate

6 Likes

I don’t get it. They turned a grey Tesla into a yellow Tesla. Looks nice, but the 2-d effect is completely lost on me.

1 Like

And in Singapore, too:

These guys are everywhere. I can’t begin to explain how much effort it takes me to resist the urge to return the high five every time I see one of them.

10 Likes

São Paulo / Brasil

6 Likes

Why resist?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.