$21k nightmare: Norwegian Cruise Line abandons family in Alaska 

Essential training materials for neophyte cruise passengers.

1 Like

Clicked through to read about them because I’m stuck at Chicago OHare right now, one all nighter at United Baggage Claim, finally found a hotel for the second night. Blue screens of death everywhere, even the hotel.

5 Likes

still? ah, weekend, great.

2 Likes

Or Charon, the guy you have to pay to get on the boat …

3 Likes

I’ve tried to look for a definitive account but I do keep seeing “local tour operator” or “third party transportation”. I also note that the guy mentions the show being booked through the cruise line but then are vague about the transportation to the show.

If it was transport via the cruise company I’m surprised they left before the van got back. However, as for “they just left”, leaving your parking space is a bit more involved for a ship then backing up the bus or even pushing the stairs back up to the airplane.

1 Like

Maybe the tour was booked via the cruise co, but the tour operator used subcontractors for providing the bus from the ship to the ‘tour’?

1 Like

Most lines will give themselves a little padding between their announced departure time and the actual deadline, but it depends on the port and the itinierary. $21k might be a large expense for a single person or family, but it’s on the low end of what the cruise ship might be on the hook for if they’re still on the dock even a minute past.

Every port is different - some might charge another full day’s fees when the clock ticks over, others might levy a per-minute fine based on passenger count or total displacement; There may be local tugs or pilots on paid standby until departure is complete, and for any substantial delay the ship may need to burn a lot of extra fuel to go faster and make their next port on time.

In the case where delay does happen or people miss the boat, the cruise line probably has contract language with their local excursion partners that allows them to recoup those costs(or the cost of alternative transportation to the next port). If you do your own thing, you’re on your own, though most lines will at least try to assist you in getting home on your own dime.

… how many different versions did they film :confused:

Basically three:

• Monty Python’s Flying Circus (BBC)
  • And Now For Something Completely Different (film compilation)
  • Monty Python’s Fliegender Zirkus (BR)

Four if you count Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl.

There are films of stage shows and the odd TV special and stuff like that, but I kinda think those don’t really count.

1 Like

Something something Galt.
Something something bootstraps.
(Or something something like that)

1 Like

This woman lumberjack rocks plaid. She generally rocks all the rounds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7npAtctNCI/?hl=en

2 Likes

not technically a lumberjack, but plenty of plaid and attitude to match:

4 Likes

jill

5 Likes

Lumberjill?

3 Likes

Seems to be a thing. I went looking for the Lumberjill song and learned Marge has hidden depths!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.