2600's Hackers on Planet Earth con needs your help because the Hotel Pennsylvania has tripled its fees

I understand that there is a certain part of Pennsylvania where the sun always shines, seems like a good place to look
https://philly2600.net/#

1 Like

Philly is cool.

1 Like

Reno is where I have found the cheapest convention rates.

Take it to Brooklyn! Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture has a gorgeous building. Or try the Y if you really wanna stay in Manhattan.

:notes: the gang starts a hacker convention :notes:

1 Like

Network pword: j@wn

1 Like

I’m guessing you aren’t referring to our road conditions. How nice to see blanket stereotypes applied by BB’ers…

Want to hear it real honest?

Last time I drove down to Myrtle Beach (last fall), I stopped into a gas station. I’ve been to this gas station three or four times over the last 10 years.

Well, this time the guy behind the counter was being talked at by this redneck prepper person who was praising Trump and talking about how much he wanted to shoot all them Mexicans and black folks with his rather extensive gun collection; and how much he was going to enjoy shooting all those liberals when the civil war started. The guy behind the counter was "uhm yeah OK"ing him, but he was listening to some lighter right wing radio show on his there transistor radio.

I paid for my crap and walked out and we drove two more hours to try to get further away from that place.

That… that’s just the last time I drove through. I’ve had that experience lots of other times. And that is making sure that I look and dress “normal” when I am driving through.

Yeah, I’ve only been stopped for random non-crimes by the police two or three times in the south.

Frankly, if you can’t understand why people from the north who don’t fit the very narrow definition of “normal” for southerners get a little anxious when driving through the south… you’re probably not part of the .01% of people who cause the problem… but you’re part of the people who let the problems happen.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.